If There isn't Any Update by the End of Today Maybe We Will get What We Want | The Boneyard

If There isn't Any Update by the End of Today Maybe We Will get What We Want

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If the silent treatment continues out of Storrs and the Burton/Schenkman Football Complex today maybe things are moving in a different direction than the press has been touting. It had to be pretty evident to Benedict that he needs to get word out ASAP regarding the plans for the future of the program. I'll give him Sunday...but by the end of today if nothing is released...I'm going off the assumption that he has made a decision and is busy raising the $$ to get it done.

Reaction Score
Really? Cause I felt like the USA Today article saying he'd be retained was sort of a "getting the word out" situation. But I would gladly be wrong.

Reaction Score
Really? Cause I felt like the USA Today article saying he'd be retained was sort of a "getting the word out" situation. But I would gladly be wrong.
I'm more so talking about anything from Diaco on staff changes....if it takes him more than 2 days to figure out who stays and who goes it will be the icing on the cake about how unqualified he is to be the head football coach at UConn...not that he hasn't shown that enough already in 3 seasons. If he isn't making the announcement that "the following Assistant Coaches will not be retained" by this afternoon..to me it means he is in negotiations with Benedict to move on or fighting like mad to save his job.

Reaction Score
The article in the Courant today referenced how much work he needs to do before next season. Jacobs basically confirmed he is back next year. McHugh's comment says he is coming back next year.

And from someone I know that would have some insight and access, he is not being fired today or any time in the foreseeble future. There is no magic donor to bail out the cost of firing him today. There may not be a magic donor for 1/1/2017 either although that is still an option. Uconn may be banking on next year's home OOC schedule that includes Holy Cross, MO and BC to help sales no matter the coach. Two local teams should bring in some casual fand. MO will bring in some fans that want to see an SEC team.

My conclusion, time to accept that he is staying. Expect a statement that Uconn is committed to what it started in 2014 with coach and that is to build a consistent, championship winner. Coach is making changes to his staff to bring an exciting new era to Uconn. Uconn understands the fans frustration but the progress and foundation coach has laid is real and will pay dividends in the future.

Then feel free to find a proper puke receptacle.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
The silence from Benedict is really odd right now... With all the fans screaming to FIRE DIACO at the last game and the chatter online and elsewhere, wouldn't you think he'd at least come out and address it and give his support behind Diaco going into 2017? That hasn't happened. Why?

I gotta think if I'm Benedict I'm at the very least calling around and gauge my options on who might want to come here and for how much...

Reaction Score
I'm more so talking about anything from Diaco on staff changes....if it takes him more than 2 days to figure out who stays and who goes it will be the icing on the cake about how unqualified he is to be the head football coach at UConn...not that he hasn't shown that enough already in 3 seasons. If he isn't making the announcement that "the following Assistant Coaches will not be retained" by this afternoon..to me it means he is in negotiations with Benedict to move on or fighting like mad to save his job.
More likely he is not announcing any staff changes externally to give the coaches a chance to line up their next gig. A lot of assistant openings and potential people to fill any positions on his staff will start to pop near the end of this month.

Besides, a positive, caring, do everything with love coach would not do anything so brazenly negative to his staff.

Reaction Score
Nothing would surprise me anymore here (except maybe something done well...that would be a shocker!).

Everything BD does is so slow, including making adjustments in-game, that it would be par for the course for us to hire a new TE coach 3 quarters into the second game of next season.

I want to make determinations based on timing as well, but i doubt anything means anything right now. We'll just have to see how long it takes...and most importantly, how long it takes to fix whatever terrible decision is made. Over/Under~ 3 years.

Reaction Score
I think HCBD has to make a commitment to get us into the CFB playoff next year. If he promises that, I can see a rationale to keep him around. Making the CFB playoff would be a big deal.

Reaction Score
The article in the Courant today referenced how much work he needs to do before next season. Jacobs basically confirmed he is back next year. McHugh's comment says he is coming back next year.

And from someone I know that would have some insight and access, he is not being fired today or any time in the foreseeble future. There is no magic donor to bail out the cost of firing him today. There may not be a magic donor for 1/1/2017 either although that is still an option. Uconn may be banking on next year's home OOC schedule that includes Holy Cross, MO and BC to help sales no matter the coach. Two local teams should bring in some casual fand. MO will bring in some fans that want to see an SEC team.

My conclusion, time to accept that he is staying. Expect a statement that Uconn is committed to what it started in 2014 with coach and that is to build a consistent, championship winner. Coach is making changes to his staff to bring an exciting new era to Uconn. Uconn understands the fans frustration but the progress and foundation coach has laid is real and will pay dividends in the future.

Then feel free to find a proper puke receptacle.
Banking on next year's home schedule? Seriously...I have had season tickets since day 1 at Rentschler and had them at Memorial in the 90's..that home schedule does nothing next year except guarantee empty seats on tv! Benedict needs to come out and say he is staying if that is the case...as far as having compassion for Asst's lining up their next gig...I could give a duckK less! If Benedict wants to even attempt to save what will be a putrid season ticket fan base he needs to act today and say something. Silence when all you hear is word Diaco will be back just screams "I'm ignoring the problem and hope it goes away/I really don't give a /I'm in over my head". The fact this man has worked where he worked tells me that he isn't over his head, and his comments/actions so far tell me he definitely DOES give a .

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
I think HCBD has to make a commitment to get us into the CFB playoff next year. If he promises that, I can see a rationale to keep him around. Making the CFB playoff would be a big deal.
HAHA... Well didn't he say we'd go 12-0 this season too?

Reaction Score
Who is this Benedict person? I've only heard rumors that he really exists.;)

Reaction Score
Nothing would surprise me anymore here (except maybe something done well...that would be a shocker!).

Everything BD does is so slow, including making adjustments in-game, that it would be par for the course for us to hire a new TE coach 3 quarters into the second game of next season.

I want to make determinations based on timing as well, but i doubt anything means anything right now. We'll just have to see how long it takes...and most importantly, how long it takes to fix whatever terrible decision is made. Over/Under~ 3 years.

I just can't see a way where a guy so resistant to change can successfully bring on coaches with philosophies that differ on such a basic level from his vision of the program he wanted to build. Hoping he finally sees the light that a negotiated buyout would be better for both sides.

Reaction Score
Here's to hoping this year broke his stubbornness, but I am not holding out hope considering this guy COACHED FOR BRIAN KELLY and went to multiple BCS bowls with him and even a national championship game utilizing a power spread offense, and he still came away from that experience thinking that good 'ole ground and pound was the key to success. That in an of itself is baffling on so many levels it's hard to believe.

Reaction Score
Here's to hoping this year broke his stubbornness, but I am not holding out hope considering this guy COACHED FOR BRIAN KELLY and went to multiple BCS bowls with him and even a national championship game utilizing a power spread offense, and he still came away from that experience thinking that good 'ole ground and pound was the key to success. That in an of itself is baffling on so many levels it's hard to believe.
While they went to BCS games and national championship, they did not count. So technically, BD is an unproved assistant coach. That goes along with his proved incompetence as a head coach.

Reaction Score
Iowa's style of play. Requires an offensive line, obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom