If the SEC says no to Texas A&M, should the Big East say Yes? | The Boneyard

If the SEC says no to Texas A&M, should the Big East say Yes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
Granted, UConn is already playing A&M, but imagine a conference with the Huskies, ND and A&M. I think it would make league play a lot more exciting. The conference already has one incoming team from Texas, so I suppose it is plausible. There is too many 'gimmees' in the league already. I would like to see it more competitive.

Thoughts?

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
IMHO A&M would not consider the Big East. If they were to go to another conference other then the SEC or Big 12, it would be to the PAC12

If the Big East would seriously consider dropping the Basketball only schools, then A&M might consider it. There would also have to be other Football schools added as well.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
True enough though I was solely thinking in the context of WBB. As you know, football is another animal.

Reaction Score
It was first reported that they were interested in the SEC in early August. That hasn't changed: Texas A&M is SEC bound.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
the big east should be interested in any big time program. i think once A&M leaves, there's a pretty good chance 4 or so teams then jump to the Pac-whatever. then i think it's a free for all. ulitmately i think the ACC and Big East will be raided and the two will merge. UCONN will then be part of the weakest football conference of the big 4, but that conference will rule hoops (with UNC, UCONN, and Duke) all in the same league.

i've heard that Pitt, Clemson, BC, and a few other teams are being considered for being poached by other leagues. i can see the big 12 adding them and ND who won't be able to remain independent forever.

Reaction Score
the big east should be interested in any big time program. i think once A&M leaves, there's a pretty good chance 4 or so teams then jump to the Pac-whatever. then i think it's a free for all. ulitmately i think the ACC and Big East will be raided and the two will merge. UCONN will then be part of the weakest football conference of the big 4, but that conference will rule hoops (with UNC, UCONN, and Duke) all in the same league.

i've heard that Pitt, Clemson, BC, and a few other teams are being considered for being poached by other leagues. i can see the big 12 adding them and ND who won't be able to remain independent forever.

I agree. When everthing clears there will be four large BCS conferences. Their first order of business will be to separate from the NCAA.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I agree. When everthing clears there will be four large BCS conferences. Their first order of business will be to separate from the NCAA.
now THAT would be something. the Pac-whatever, Big 10+, SEC, and BE-ACC. but with the BE and ACC potentially getting poached, they really will be a weak FB conference. i'd love to see UCONN end up in the SEC or Big 10+ but that seems unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom