If the problem is the OL | The Boneyard

If the problem is the OL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
what is the fix? If its the quality of the players, how do you fix it? If it is getting better as they get older, then maybe there is hope for next year. If it is as simple as adjusting/simplifying scheme (as has been said by BD), then do more simplifying. If it is more/better coaching of the fundamentals, then more time can probably help,

If the answer is recruiting better players, then so far the 2015 class looks like another thing that BD should be questioned about. He needs to be focusing on getting some OL into this class. They do not need to be monsters/road graders, but they need to be smart, fundamentally sound and have better footwork.

This season was sacrificed for the sake of growth and long term improvement. Maybe I am not smart enough to see the growth as it is happening, or maybe the growth is more in practice and repetition. But growth needs to be throughout the entire organization including the coaching staff including recruiting to fix the glaring deficiencies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Move the pocket, quick hitting passes, draws, screens, and smoke n' mirrors. It's looking more and more like our current OL will not progress as quickly as hoped for a D-1 level program. Instead of throwing QBs behind it that don't have the confidence in the playbook or don't have the confidence in their ability to make the correct, quick read, I think the writing is on the wall for UCONN to consider going more uptempo wildcat read-option. I don't care who runs it - Foxx, Lemelle, Abrams, Bradley...as long as we don't hurt the development of Newsome or Johnson by throwing them to the wolves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom