If the NCAA's started today, who makes your final 4? | The Boneyard

If the NCAA's started today, who makes your final 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Assuming they are in opposite brackets, UCONN, SC, Baylor and Notre Dame.

All the teams have had flaws of one kind of another - UCONN lost to Stanford, SC has had a nail biter over Duke and several other less than stellar wins over some decent teams, ND got whooped by UCONN and has not looked like world beaters, especially in losing to Miami. And Baylor lost to Kentucky early and barely escaped Syracuse by 2.

Still, as of now they seem to be the "strongest" 4 teams. The exciting thing is that there are probably 6-8 teams who have a legit shot at the final 4.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
The UCONN loss to Stanford meant absolutely zer0. Long road trip for the first two games of the year, adding in four new players (five in practice counting Butler), a week of practice diminished coming of of the World Championships, few players on campus much of the summer all playing USA Basketball of various types, and the Stanford game is straight out of the chute in that game two. Two freshmen now making major contributions, Morgan Tuck and Nurse now starters, and eight players contributing solid minutes. UCONN as constituted today is nothing like the team that played Stanford. People need to simply let go of the Stanford game as meaningless.

UCONN AND SoCar into the FF but I have no idea who among the rest of the mess that is WCBB this year make it. SoCar might not make it either because they are still on the learning curve for managing post season play. Experience with that alone gives Baylor and ND strength in the tournament.

Reaction Score
UConn, South Carolina, Baylor, and Texas. Baylor impressed me last night, and Texas still has the big front line to give teams fits. They will adjust to the loss of Nneka Enemkpali and come on strong late...

Reaction Score
Always favored the..Win your conference automatic bid..so, UCONN, and auto bids from PAC12, SEC, ACC.

Reaction Score
UConn and ND top two, with obviously a huge gap between #1 and #2.

After that it's really close between Baylor, SC, Md and Tenn. Gun to my head, I'd go with the first two but it's almost a coin toss.

Reaction Score
UCONN, eenie-meenie-minee-mo. N.D., Baylor, UTENN. I just can't pick S.C. yet. I will have to see how they respond to their Feb. 9 spanking and then their game with UTENN.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
UCONN, Notre Dame, Baylor, Oregon State

UCONN is a lock, ND will be ready for the NCAAs with Turner/Loyd. Baylor is better than I thought they'd be, I think they have Final Four potential with a star player and good supporting cast. Oregon State intrigues me. 1 loss team, they play team basketball and I think they can win the Pac-12 and earn a trip to the Final Four. I'd love Tennessee to make it and think they have the horses to do it but I just don't see it happening this year. I think the wheels will start to fall off for South Carolina once they get blasted by UCONN next month.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
But I'm always agreeing with you. I was trying to be different.

I even rooted against Tenn last night. :)
Well we are on the very same page with that one!!

Reaction Score
I watched the ND/Tenn game impartially, in other words I don't care or have no interest in who won, just wanted the play. Was an entertaining game.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I think this year its tough to predict who makes the Final Four, besides UConn.

There are so many teams that are equally talented or have flaws that could be exposed. The Brackets are going to be so important this year.

Teams that could make the Final Four are South Carolina, Lady Vols, Maryland, Notre Dame, Baylor, Florida State, Oregon State, Arizona State and my long shot Sleeper is Washington with Kelsey Plum and their other shooters.

Reaction Score
I'm going to go a different way here...instead of my final 4 I'm going to give you 4 teams that are mentioned above as possibilities, and who have no chance, zero, of making it to Tampa.

Arizona State
Washington
Oregon State
Texas

I'm not going to go into detail why right now, but if I'm prodded for details I will explain why...except for Texas. Texas won't make it to the final 4 because right now they aren't going to be in the tournament. Their only hope is that they do have a very easy in-conference schedule left...Sagarin #108, #74, #65, #61, #52 and #41. Problem is they've already lost to three of those teams and barely beat a fourth when they had Enemkpali. If they lose one they finish 9-9, two and they're under .500 in conference and will be WNIT bound.

Reaction Score
I think it all depends on placement! I see UCONN, SoCar, & ND having the best shots and who gets placed the best out of MD, FSU, Baylor, Oregon St., or Ariz. St. TN has no shot to ever make the FF, they're coached by Holly "I have no clue" Warlick!

Reaction Score
Uconn,ND,Baylor,So.car. Tenn and Stanford I think have a chance also. Stanford has struggled but I wouldn't bet against them tourney time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom