if Tenn beats Baylor | The Boneyard

if Tenn beats Baylor

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
does that push UConn to the top of the rankings?

Go LVols :confused:

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
If a bullfrog had wings he wouldn't bump his ass every time he jumped.

The Tennessee v. Baylor game is over for all intents and purposes when the custodian unlocks the door to the arena and turns on the lights.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Probably, but I prefer UConn in the "hunter" role rather than "hunted" at this juncture.

And if UConn beats Baylor in Waco, UConn will rightfully assume the #1 position. And if not, UConn wouldn't retain the #1 ranking even if they had it. So it's safe to root against the LVs, I think. :)

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Probably, but I prefer UConn in the "hunter" role rather than "hunted" at this juncture.

And if UConn beats Baylor in Waco, UConn will rightfully assume the #1 position. And if not, UConn wouldn't retain the #1 ranking even if they had it. So it's safe to root against the LVs, I think. :)
oh yeah thats possible too...didnt look at that angle 1 vs 2 for the top spot

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
game is in Knoxville, so the LV's have a chance. But I don't think all that orange will affect Miss Sims and Miss Griner very much, so it's not much of a chance.

JS

Reaction Score
So it's safe to root against the LVs, I think. :)

Not only safe, it keeps the world
from getting all distorted.

distortions_of_perception1.jpg

Reaction Score

I could never root for the Lady Vols even if it meant that UCONN would be #1!

Reaction Score
I do not think the lady vols could beat Harry's team at this point. Tenn has a world of talent and and old school coaching staff that can and does not employ good offense beyond "Yall need to rebound better and show more heart out there" or "Thats not Tennessee basketball, you should be ashamed of yourselves" Etc., Etc., Etc. Get my jist

Reaction Score
Tennessee might win the game. It is not a sure thing that Baylor(or anybody else) can go to Tennessee and win.

Baylor ran roughshod over Tennessee last season. The game was not nearly as close as the score indicated.

However, that was then, this is now....... and you don't win games on paper...... blah, blah, blah.

TC

ladybears4eva

Lady Bears Fan
Reaction Score
game is in Knoxville, so the LV's have a chance. But I don't think all that orange will affect Miss Sims and Miss Griner very much, so it's not much of a chance.

it was a tough game there in 2010 when we won that regional grinner's freshman year.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Tennessee is always one of the toughest if not THE toughest place to play in terms of environment. 50 renditions of Rocky Top would curl the hair on anyone's head.

And I could mention the weird things with the clock that happens there. But I won't.

Tennessee has a shot to win, of course. But if you look at the matchups, it doesn't bode well for the Lady Vols. Especially if Baugh is still out.

Home court keeps it close, but Baylor will win this game by at least 10 points.

Reaction Score
With Uts history of home court shenanigans they have a chance to win, I don't know about you guys but I see Baylor winning this one by ten or more, And I'm not real fond of Baylor either.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Tennessee is always one of the toughest if not THE toughest place to play in terms of environment. 50 renditions of Rocky Top would curl the hair on anyone's head.

And I could mention the weird things with the clock that happens there. But I won't.

Tennessee has a shot to win, of course. But if you look at the matchups, it doesn't bode well for the Lady Vols. Especially if Baugh is still out.

Agreed. Baylor is a machine, Tennessee is still trying to fit the pieces together. Of course, there is always a chance they could gut out a win, but B Griner is a long way from that deer-in-the-headlights freshman she once was, and her supporting cast is talented and well coached. I believe it to be unlikely.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
10+, Cafe. So to speak... errrr... type.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Speaking of LVols, in the loss to Virginia. Did you notice the strangeness of the coverage on ESPN? I've never seen a post game video like that. They always show some of the losers, including the coach, however briefly. Not this time. Who are those people at the opening of the video? Any why none of the common pictures of defeat? I think the press is going to be very protective of Pat this year, if this strange assembly of footage is an indication. Rather than the typical coverage shots, there was a long interview with the Virginia coach. Very interesting, and something all the sportscasters are clearly pondering. How to cover Pat when she's down?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

According to an article by Flesar who covers the Vols, Baugh is back practicing but Spani is on crutches with a bone bruise in her knee. Spani's knee took an awkward hit during the UVA game. Bone bruises can take some time to heal. The Vols absolutely need Spani to have any chance at winning this game as she's been the team's most effective and consistent scorer.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
With Uts history of home court shenanigans they have a chance to win, I don't know about you guys but I see Baylor winning this one by ten or more, And I'm not real fond of Baylor either.

That's about my guess as well, but I don't discount the possibility that Baylor could lose. If Spani can't play though, it will be much tougher.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Even with all the home court shenanigans that happen in TN TN wont win. The only way I could possibley see it is if Baylor left the court and the clock stopped and TN continued to play while Baylor was on a plane back to Waco. I would list the reasons why TN would lose but I only have 5 days til I have to go back to work. LOL Baylor by 20+

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'm reminded of the youtube clip where Dennis Green goes off in a press conference and states "they are who we thought they were".

my point is that tennessee may be who some thought they were. a disjointed team that somewhat lacks cohesion and chemistry filled with a bunch of all american seniors who for one reason or another fail to perform in big moments. sure they have a budding super star guard, but even their superstar Simmons had a horrible game in tennessee's final loss at the end of the season last year (and that was after 30+ games). this is only the 4th or so game for teams this year. so asking Ariel to be great right now is probably asking too much.

i'd love for our bear friends to give us a rundown of how their team is doing. they seem to start Griner, Simms, Williams, and then usually Madden or Hayden. their top 3 have been really consistent. Madden, Hayden and Pope not as much. also, they have a really huge roster this year and i'm wondering how that will pare down in a big game or if KM will use 10+ players in big games...

and what's going on with Burdick and Manning? Burdick was a top 5 recruit who was supposed to take the college game by storm. she's 2nd to bottom in scoring and Manning is at the very bottom...

Reaction Score
I can think of three ways Tennessee has a chance.

1. Griner gets sick
2. Griner gets hurt
3. She gets removed from the game one way or another by officiating.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
When did Spani get nipped by Caroline's brace? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom