If rumors true-- fire Dave Benedict today, tell Randy he has two years to make this a competitive football program and stall accepting Big East offer. | The Boneyard

If rumors true-- fire Dave Benedict today, tell Randy he has two years to make this a competitive football program and stall accepting Big East offer.

Reaction Score
I say no to any Big East offer unless UConn football is poised to become a top 50 football program. It won't be as independent or in lower-level conference.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The new American media deal was poised to marginalize UConn athletics. Either you except that for the long-haul, or you bail now. As I’ve said frequently, let’s see what the football side of this looks like before we start throwing dirt on it’s grave.

Reaction Score
Horrible decision for all sports even basketball. ThevBig East is the A10 with Villanova. Every sport is taking a step backwards. Memphis and Houston will be in the Final Four before UConn but the hoops only crowd will be thrilled. We can finish 2nd and get s bid and lose in the first round but they will be thrilled because MSG

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
You're a certified moron if you think this is an AD-level decision
If you don't think he had a legitimate stake in this game you wrong - I won't resort to name calling
DB as AD was a bad move for UConn, Susan Herbst was a real bad move for UConn and electing Malloy Jr was the worst mistake for this state

Reaction Score
I agree that the move is above DBs pay grade, but this cements the fact that he will NEVER get an AD job at any D1 football playing school. Not exactly a program builder.

Reaction Score
Thank you UConn, you finally created that I got my Saturdays back. What's next? UConn Hockey to ECAC? Oh well, boating in the fall is better...

Reaction Score
I don’t think this deal happens if we essentially give up on football. That being said, UConn is a basketball school.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom