If Rashad Anderson graduated in 2016, would he thrive in the current NBA? | The Boneyard

If Rashad Anderson graduated in 2016, would he thrive in the current NBA?

Reaction Score
My 2nd favorite Husky during my college years, and I know he was the favorite of my buddy @Letsgohuskies11 [avatar/futurepost?]

Great question, but no.

6'5 215, great shooter but not great athleticism and also rare dribble penetration. If he were, like 6'8 215, maybe he'd be a shooter off the bench.

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
All I know is that he was born to take those two foul shots with 11 seconds left vs. Duke in 2004.

And I will forever smile when I think about that, and the time when he jumped out of the bushes with a bloody knife while wearing a ski mask as a prank.

Last edited:

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Supply of good shooting is at an all time high so nah. I love Rashad but I don’t think he’s a victim of circumstance

Reaction Score
to draw another 2004 comparison- redick was a better shooter and all around college player (i daresay a better athlete even though chronically hungover) and was never more than a role player in the nba.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
to draw another 2004 comparison- redick was a better shooter and all around college player (i daresay a better athlete even though chronically hungover) and was never more than a role player in the nba.

So far be it from me to defend Redick but he's been in the league for damn near 15 years, made almost $100M, and averaged like 13ppg.

He's not a star but he's not some chump off the bench either.

Reaction Score
To further draw comparison, Redick had to work to stay in the NBA. He had to work to be at least average on defense. He's added some dribble penetration off of his pump fake from 3pt.

1 year $23M contact to Philly in 2017, is as little more than a role player.

Did Rashad work on his game to that level, while at Uconn or after graduating?

Reaction Score
So far be it from me to defend Redick but he's been in the league for damn near 15 years, made almost $100M, and averaged like 13ppg.

Redick has absolutely gotten the most out of his talent. Much better NBA career than just about anyone would have predicted.

Reaction Score

Redick's pro career is a great example of how the 3PT-happy trend changed everything. Redick was kind of a bust, putting up 9 PPG through his first seven seasons. He was a ho-hum role player. His last seven seasons (age 29-35) he's averaged 16.3 PPG and has been a huge piece to playoff teams. Overall he's had a damn good pro career.

As for Rashad, he simply didn't have the requisite athleticism for the NBA. He's got to be one of the most beloved Huskies ever. I can't recall anyone saying a bad thing about him during his time here.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
The abcess really hurt him. Before that took place, he was steadily climbing on the mock draft boards. Then he got the infection, missed some time, and sort of lost the opportunity. I do wonder what could've been had that situation not arisen. I also really wish DD didn't have the Jones fracture. He would've at least had a cup.of coffee with Toronto if not for that.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Redick has absolutely gotten the most out of his talent. Much better NBA career than just about anyone would have predicted.
Every smart person was sure Adam Morrison would be a better pro

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
JJ has been an NBA staple and could have been a contributing role player on any team. He's done way more in the NBA than anyone expected. Happy for that Dookie even though it's usually Duck Fuke.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I like JJ a lot in the NBA. Pretty surprised he’s never been a Celtic. I honestly forget he went to Duke sometimes.

Reaction Score
Not all good college players are Pro material. Even the great ones. Hell, the graveyard is littered with 1st team AAs.

Just saying.

Reaction Score
Redick was a better shooter than Rashad in college. I also think Redick was a bit faster and had much better footwork, though Rashad was taller and stronger. I just don't think Rashad had the foot speed to play in the NBA at his size regardless of era.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Also when he changed his name to Chris Duhon

That's why I never bet on my team as the fav. No way I'd want any joy of a win taken away by a meaningless half court shot at the buzzard.

Only bet my team's straight up or as the dog.

Reaction Score
but he's been in the league for damn near 15 years, made almost $100M, and averaged like 13ppg.
1 year $23M contact to Philly in 2017, is as little more than a role player.

i know his stats. a lot of role players have long careers and make a lot of money in the nba. it's not a slight

Reaction Score
Hopefully Rashad isn't back giving haircuts in South B 2nd floor dorms rooms.

Reaction Score
I didn't watch all 24 minutes, but I did skip to the end. The George Mason game is such a forgotten memory that I literally had no idea that we were up 13 at one point? Seriously? What happened?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom