If Notre Dame wins they rush the court | The Boneyard

If Notre Dame wins they rush the court

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Has there been a game that they haven't rushed the court when they've won?

Reaction Score
Looked like it was gonna happen there

Watch out for them later this season. Grant has a bunch of Kemba in him, they have a great 3 pt attack, and a big in Auguste who can do a lot of things.

We'll see how far their defense and Mike Brey let them go.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Looked like it was gonna happen there

Watch out for them later this season. Grant has a bunch of Kemba in him, they have a great 3 pt attack, and a big in Auguste who can do a lot of things.

We'll see how far their defense and Mike Brey let them go.
yeah kids on the bottom of the screen were on the court then walked off disappointed lol... yeah that kids good but kemba has some huge shoes... if he can be that guy in the tourney who can get the ball and get a basket then i think they can go reasonably far... defense and in-game coaching will be something to watch

Reaction Score
Mike Brey is just setting himself up for the Annual Mike Brey Regular Season Coach of the Year award. I think this will be his 400th honor.

Reaction Score
Is this their biggest win since Kelly tripucka was there?

Reaction Score
Looked like Grant motioned to the students to not rush the court. Great job by grant.

Hopefully UConn students will take note. UConn should never ever rush the court against anyone. Still salty they rushed the court after beating Texas a few years ago.

UConn is part of the basketball elite. People rush courts after beating UConn not vice versa. Act like you belong.

Congrats to the Irish and their fan base

Reaction Score
methodology said:
Looked like Grant motioned to the students to not rush the court. Great job by grant.

Hopefully UConn students will take note. UConn should never ever rush the court against anyone. Still salty they rushed the court after beating Texas a few years ago.

UConn is part of the basketball elite. People rush courts after beating UConn not vice versa. Act like you belong.

Good grief

Reaction Score
If you don't act like you are part of the basketball elite you will never be treated as such.

4 National Championships. UConn fans should never rush the court ever

Duke, Kansas, Kentucky would absolutely never rush the court.

Reaction Score
methodology said:
If you don't act like you are part of the basketball elite you will never be treated as such.

Kansas rushed in in 06 and 03...

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score

We have more championships than Kansas.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
You all have to realize that rushing the court is fun for students and young fans. How many of you wish you got to rush the court at some time and celebrate with the current players? I do. It's not a reflection on where you stand in the basketball eliteness. It's about celebrating and having a great time. If kids want to rush the court after beating Central CT or Duke or anybody else, let them rush the court, jump around with the players, have a good time and provide some fun sports center highlights.

It shouldn't be a reflection of where you stand in the basketball hierarchy but having fun and celebrating your team.

Hell - I'd rush a conference room after having a great presentation if it weren't career limiting.

Reaction Score
You all have to realize that rushing the court is fun for students and young fans. How many of you wish you got to rush the court at some time and celebrate with the current players? I do. It's not a reflection on where you stand in the basketball eliteness. It's about celebrating and having a great time. If kids want to rush the court after beating Central CT or Duke or anybody else, let them rush the court, jump around with the players, have a good time and provide some fun sports center highlights.

It shouldn't be a reflection of where you stand in the basketball hierarchy but having fun and celebrating your team.

Hell - I'd rush a conference room after having a great presentation if it weren't career limiting.

If you rush the court you didn't expect to win. Rushing the court is for upsets that involve a nobody.

UConn isn't a nobody in the college basketball world. They are part of an elite group that 300+ schools wish their basketball team was like.

And as you say if you rushed a conference room after a presentation you would limit your career. Does the same not apply to UConn basketball? If you rush the court you limit the perception of UConn basketball and it's inclusion with basketball royalty

Reaction Score
The only time I rushed the court was in 2002 when CCSU beat Quinnipiac to win the NEC tournament and punch their ticket to the NCAA's. The game was played at CCSU, one of the best college game atmospheres I have ever been a part of. All the students rushed the court, it was cool.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Come on guys. Let's make college basketball as little fun as possible.

No storming courts and all court stormings need a full federal audit to determine if they are legitimate.

We don't want to upset the 500 people on the internet who are tracking these things.

Reaction Score
Let the students have fun. Who cares if they rush the court, it means absolutely nothing.

Reaction Score
This board generally loves court rushing. Apparently it's integral to the college experience or something

Reaction Score
Actually since John Shumate, Adrian Dantley and Duck Williams!

Remember my Rick Barry reference ...

You can't throw this in a thread. Super john & others screw up their faces & talk Kemba. ND had a glory period as did Digger. They were always top 10. And won massive games on their home court.

As wow as some get, we need to direct them to watch their YouTube for Pistol Pete Maravich & CT's Calvin Murphy. Storming the court is mob rule; not sure how a player kept the first 25 guys from frantic behavio from joy.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score

I, as would most i think, would argue that beating the #1 team in the country, on your home court, no matter who you are, is a justified court storm. Get over yourself.

Reaction Score

If you rush the court you didn't expect to win. Rushing the court is for upsets that involve a nobody.

UConn isn't a nobody in the college basketball world. They are part of an elite group that 300+ schools wish their basketball team was like.

And as you say if you rushed a conference room after a presentation you would limit your career. Does the same not apply to UConn basketball? If you rush the court you limit the perception of UConn basketball and it's inclusion with basketball royalty
Could you herp derp any harder?

Reaction Score
Maybe if we rushed the court more we'd be in the Big 10? I think we should rush the court after any made three pointer.

Reaction Score
The students deserve their fun. If they want to rush the court after beating Coppin State that's fine by me.

Reaction Score
I rushed the court when UConn beat Ohio State at the Garden for the NIT title... 1988, pre-elite status, at the time it was the biggest win for UConn and was the start of the Calhoun era.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom