If not KO...then who??? | The Boneyard

If not KO...then who???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We all see that the contract KO got is unfair but i really believe he will get a long term deal when its all said and done. I wanted to see KO succeed Calhoun the whole time. What other candidates could Warde have in mind? I cant think of any other person he can hire instead of KO that...A. Will not upset the fan base, B. Will not upset the former players, C. Won't effect the recruits and current players. If Manuel wanted to cover his rear, he would have just given Ollie the interim tag. This is why i think he has no choice but to keep Ollie for at least a few more years. I want to see over the next few months if other names come up in rumors and if other coaches reach out to UConn with interest in the job...

Reaction Score
We all see that the contract KO got is unfair but i really believe he will get a long term deal when its all said and done. I wanted to see KO succeed Calhoun the whole time. What other candidates could Warde have in mind? I cant think of any other person he can hire instead of KO that...A. Will not upset the fan base, B. Will not upset the former players, C. Won't effect the recruits and current players. If Manuel wanted to cover his rear, he would have just given Ollie the interim tag. This is why i think he has no choice but to keep Ollie for at least a few more years. I want to see over the next few months if other names come up in rumors and if other coaches reach out to UConn with interest in the job...

KO continues the Calhoun legacy and I have no doubt that he will get the best out of his players.

Reaction Score
To meet all of those requirements, probably Ollie is the only one who could come close.

If I could pick anyone, assured it would not alienate the NBA alums, I'd go with someone like Smart.

But Ollie is our coach now, and I'm talking myself into being excited. I loved watching him as a player, and the fact that this is his "dream job" suggests that if he is a great success, there is no way he's going anywhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom