If not Hurley, then who ? | The Boneyard

If not Hurley, then who ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
IF Danny Hurley does not become the next UConn men's basketball coach then who do you prefer ?

My preferences are:
Mark Schmidt - St. Bona
Nate Oats - Buffalo
Tim Cluess - Iona

Reaction Score
There are other good coaches who run successful programs like the ones you mentioned and the coach from Vermont. If there’s a fear about these coaches not having high level recruiting connections then I see no problem with keeping Chili

Reaction Score
If there’s a fear about these coaches not having high level recruiting connections then I see no problem with keeping Chili
Two years ago, a high level recruiter would have been at the top of my list of things I'd want to see in a coach. With all of the investigations going on now, it's hard to trust any "good recruiters."

Get me a good basketball coach and the rest will work itself out.

Reaction Score
Or Bennett. Cuz ya gotta can the 1st guy to lose to a 16 without a ring right?

Reaction Score
Add Loyola Chicago's head coach Porter Moser to the list of coaches who should be considered as a back up possibility if Hurley declines the UConn offer.

Moser's Loyola team displayed poise and confidence down the stretch in their defeat over Tennessee.

Reaction Score
Any names you have in mind?
Boo Willingham. In all seriousness, I would hire Jeff Capel over all the names being posted here. We need a guy who can go out and get us UConn talent.

Reaction Score
Any names you have in mind?

I wish I did.. My point is that we should have had a major upgrade lined up before firing. It was obvious for a while we were getting new coach.

Hurley is not a major upgrade in my opinion.

Reaction Score
I wish I did.. My point is that we should have had a major upgrade lined up before firing. It was obvious for a while we were getting new coach.

So if you don’t think Hurley is an upgrade then you are comparing it to someone who you think would be. So, give us some names of coaches you think UConn could get that would be a major upgrade.

Reaction Score

If you don't think Hurley is an upgrade, than you don't fully grasp how bad Ollie was in nearly every aspect outside of the classroom the last couple years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom