If no changes to staff are announced by Wed...none coming | The Boneyard

If no changes to staff are announced by Wed...none coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If there are no changes to the staff by Wed at the latest...then there will be no forced changes coming. The only staff changes that will happen will be the ones where guys leave for other jobs. If GDL stays then I expect Foley and Day to take other jobs. Hopefully GDL, Cersosimo, Perkins, and White move on. Although I like Foley, Wholley, and Hughes...I won't shed any tears if all members of Edsall's staff are sent packing along with GDL.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I will be amazed if (assuming PP & GDL remain) either Day or Foley returns. The unfortunate thing is that each is a quality (but severely under used) coach.

It would be sad seeing some of the current coaches go (I think a little higher of a couple of assistants than you do) but if we do replace the guy in charge (PP), cleaning house wouldn't be the worst next step. If it is merely a matter of changing a couple of assistants, maybe we'll get lucky and PP will hire a QB coach who he'll think enough of to give playcalling duties over GDL.

Reaction Score
PP hired Day... Why would he leave unless he gets a big time promotion @ another program or goes back to NFL?

Reaction Score
Day was an NFL QB coach (for a pretty good quarterback). He's so overqualified for this position. He'll land somewhere else if he doesn't get the OC job here.

Reaction Score
Day was an NFL QB coach (for a pretty good quarterback). He's so overqualified for this position. He'll land somewhere else if he doesn't get the OC job here.

My point... He's here for a reason (unless it was a coaching fraternity favor). Both CC and recruit RL speak highly of him.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
PP hired Day... Why would he leave unless he gets a big time promotion @ another program or goes back to NFL?
He has been pretty much shut out (by GDL) of offering any input into what the offense does. There are a couple of other things that I cannot post here but I'm confident that Day decided he doesn't need to put up with this beyond this season. This is sad as Day likely would have been willing to remain here for a while, ideally to become OC when it was time for (a 65 year old) GDL to hang it up and who knows where after PP reached then end of his contract (in the perfect world where PP actually warranted finishing his contract).

It is equally sad about Foley as he would have been willing to finish his career here. We will lose two quality coaches due to the tyrannical style of an offensive coordinator who truly believes he knows more about everything football related than anyone else.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Look up what he did for the Bears.

Reaction Score
If the decision is made to fire PP...there is no way any Asst. coaches should stay. Especially on offense. Here are the guys I DO NOT want to see back next year..GDL, Cersosimo, White (unless he goes back to defense), Perkins. Brown, Day, and Hughes I like...Foley and Wholley I don't have an issue with.

I will be amazed if (assuming PP & GDL remain) either Day or Foley returns. The unfortunate thing is that each is a quality (but severely under used) coach.

It would be sad seeing some of the current coaches go (I think a little higher of a couple of assistants than you do) but if we do replace the guy in charge (PP), cleaning house wouldn't be the worst next step. If it is merely a matter of changing a couple of assistants, maybe we'll get lucky and PP will hire a QB coach who he'll think enough of to give playcalling duties over GDL.

Reaction Score
Why don't we hold a peaceful protest outside Herbst's office?

Reaction Score
If the decision is made to fire PP...there is no way any Asst. coaches should stay. Especially on offense. Here are the guys I DO NOT want to see back next year..GDL, Cersosimo, White (unless he goes back to defense), Perkins. Brown, Day, and Hughes I like...Foley and Wholley I don't have an issue with.

What's the beef w/ Day or Hughes FDNY? I know your feelings on Sos.

Reaction Score
I want Cersosimo back. Best recruiter on this staff and the Wide Receivers were probably the best unit on offense. Unless Tee Martin is coming here as WR coach, he should stay.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
If Sos returns I want him reassigned, almost anywhere.

I am convinced (have been sonce he took the job) that we are too limited in terms of WR coaching to compete at this level.

Reaction Score
I think there is a 20 % chance Foley returns (and I don't blame him one bit for leaving. Might as well go somewhere where your skills are appreciated) and a 5 % chance Don Brown returns. People here seem to be in denial, but I think there is a good shot Brown gets a head coaching gig, or takes over a defensive coordinator spot at a bigger name school.

Reaction Score
If Sos returns I want him reassigned, almost anywhere.

I am convinced (have been sonce he took the job) that we are too limited in terms of WR coaching to compete at this level.

Wide Receiver coach to me is the least important coach. You need to be able to communicate, but what else is there to do. Coach SOS can't teach a player not to drop the ball. He can work with them on routes and knowing their assignments. That's about it.

Everything I hear about Sos is that he does a great job recruiting. Keep him.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
The best things we have going for us with both Foley and Brown is location. Each would see nothing wrong with finishing his career here. I believe that 20% is a bit high and this is sad. GDL doesn't like having someone else who knows how to coach linemen on the staff and resents the relationship Foley has with the linemen. Even if WM can get GDL booted, it may not be enough as P may remain loyal enough to his buddy to force Foley out anyway.

Reaction Score
Wide Receiver coach to me is the least important coach. You need to be able to communicate, but what else is there to do. Coach SOS can't teach a player not to drop the ball. He can work with them on routes and knowing their assignments. That's about it.

Everything I hear about Sos is that he does a great job recruiting. Keep him.

Exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020