IF Miller Were to Leave.... | The Boneyard

IF Miller Were to Leave....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Oh, what the heck.

I'm cutting in line. Not waiting for some measured responses. Not waiting for the "don't speculate about player transfers or staff changes".

Nope. This thread doesn't go haywire until the obvious nuclear option and rationale for it is thrown out there.

The answer??

Jim Calhoun. Mentors and guides Ollie in a non-recruiting role.

Someone was gonna write it and I don't have the patience to wade through pages of rational thought.

Reaction Score
Oh, what the heck.

I'm cutting in line. Not waiting for some measured responses. Not waiting for the "don't speculate about player transfers or staff changes".

Nope. This thread doesn't go haywire until the obvious nuclear option and rationale for it is thrown out there.

The answer??

Jim Calhoun. Mentors and guides Ollie in a non-recruiting role.

Someone was gonna write it and I don't have the patience to wade through pages of rational thought.

You should forward that Roosevelt quote to the team.

Reaction Score
Anyone who can coach a big man, cannot hire another guard if we get the chance to fill a coaching vacancy this summer.

Reaction Score
Why would Miller be leaving ? I think he's a fine coach . Uconn fans making a big mistake throwing the staff under the bus, like none of this has to do with talent meshing . Even Hobbs , who could replace him that his chops? Hobbs would probably end up on his buddy Steve Clifford (hornets coach ) bench.

Reaction Score
Why would Miller be leaving ? I think he's a fine coach . Uconn fans making a big mistake throwing the staff under the bus, like none of this has to do with talent meshing . Even Hobbs , who could replace him that his chops? Hobbs would probably end up on his buddy Steve Clifford (hornets coach ) bench.
Agreed
People are foolish and have no idea what it takes to coach at a high level.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score

That's because one of a coach's jobs is to mesh talent.

Reaction Score
That's because one of a coach's jobs is to mesh talent.
What if there is a dearth of talent on the roster , notwithstanding two brand new "graduate transfers" that are suppose to be malleable enough to start on a contender ?

Look an argument could be made whether purvis or Hamilton were not developed under the staff, but there's two sides to this coin , perhaps their evaluations were off basis in Hs from the jump. I've read some crazy stuff on the yard suggesting JC could turn brimah into a lotto pick , which is just nuts.

I would love to sit here and chastise the staff but every blue moon in a game they run tremendous action that yield great looks. It makes me think the players aren't executing the game plan due to lack of leadership , raw talent on the floor, and I guess continuity. Perhaps they are expending uncomfortable amounts of energy within KOs layered defensive scheme ( Miller Gibbs haven't done anything like this at the d1 level, the attentiveness to ball screen d. Both look crazy gassed at times. As does Hamilton).

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Talis Porzingis. He developed his son into the 2nd coming of Christ.

Reaction Score
I am curious, would someone actually running/directing a big man camp be a consideration for an assistant coaches job? Are there NCAA regs prohibiting such individuals due to the amount of time in contact with athletes at their camps?

Reaction Score

I guess in all fairness this post could reasonably be interpreted as me throwing him under the bus. It really isn't though. I was just curious what names might appeal to some of the more knowledgeable posters assuming Miller were to one day leave.

If you love our staff then I respect that.

Reaction Score
Who's the coach from Louisville who ran the whorehouse?

andre-mcgee-louisville-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul