If Jimmy doesn't retire, are we celebrating right now? | The Boneyard

If Jimmy doesn't retire, are we celebrating right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I mean, obviously the guy is entitled to a well-earned retirement. But I always thought he'd be the coach until his baby landed safely in another conference.

Yeah, yeah, it was a football decision and basketball had nothing to do with it. Fine. But I can't help but feel with Calhoun at the helm, we get that extra push.

Reaction Score
Well now is the time to extend KO....with 1 year contract and 1 crappy conference why would any high profile coach come here? Let the man recruit asap.....

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Are you kidding? Jim was the problem, not the solution.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
No. But if Calhoun retired after the 2011 Championship, then it might be different.

And I can't believe I am saying this because I wanted Edsall gone, but if Edsall stayed at UConn I think we would have had an 8 win season last year and a 9 won season this year and we are in the ACC now (we may have even made it last year with Syracuse). The complete collapse of our football program since the Fiesta Bowl is a much bigger driver of this than the Basketball side of things).

Reaction Score
Calhoun retiring actually helped our chances of getting into the ACC, as strange as that sounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom