If I were FSU, VT or Clemson I would .... | The Boneyard

If I were FSU, VT or Clemson I would ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
withdraw from the ACC and then tell the ACC I will only rejoin the ACC under the exact same terms as ND. FSU, VT, and Clemson would be football independents and have full rights to ACC's Bowl Affiliations. I'm sure a call to NBC by FSU, VT, and Clemson would yield cash.

This rather odd thought really shows how ridiculously bad the ND deal is for the ACC.

The ACC sans FSU, Clemson, and VT is crap. They really should withdraw and hold them hostage.

Reaction Score
Each of those schools would have to pay slightly more than $50 million to leave, or three time the current operating costs. That rule was enacted with a vote immediately after the Notre Dame membership vote. In fact the only two schools who voted against the new exit fee rule were Florida State and Maryland. So two of the schools you are talking about, VT and Clemson, actually voted in favor of the giant increase in the exit fees.

You can think the ND deal is bad for the ACC as much as you want. But their new membership now allows the ACC to immediately reopen the TV contract for new negotiations, which I'm guessing is a big reason that there was a unanimous vote in favor of Notre Dame joining the conference.

Reaction Score
I believe any of those schools could leave paying the $20m exit fee by next week.

I am confused because I thought the ACC/ESPN contract called for renegotiations if 2 schools were added or deleted not one.

Reaction Score
I believe any of those schools could leave paying the $20m exit fee by next week.

I am confused because I thought the ACC/ESPN contract called for renegotiations if 2 schools were added or deleted not one.

There must be a "Notre Dame" clause, because I read something about the current package being increased by $2M per year per school.

Reaction Score

That's not what the news in ACC country is reporting. The new exit fee has already been put in place.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
That's not what the news in ACC country is reporting. The new exit fee has already been put in place.

acc country? thats in indiana right?

pj

Reaction Score

You can always renegotiate by mutual consent.

Reaction Score
Each of those schools would have to pay slightly more than $50 million to leave, or three time the current operating costs. That rule was enacted with a vote immediately after the Notre Dame membership vote. In fact the only two schools who voted against the new exit fee rule were Florida State and Maryland. So two of the schools you are talking about, VT and Clemson, actually voted in favor of the giant increase in the exit fees.

You can think the ND deal is bad for the ACC as much as you want. But their new membership now allows the ACC to immediately reopen the TV contract for new negotiations, which I'm guessing is a big reason that there was a unanimous vote in favor of Notre Dame joining the conference.

Read/heard that Clemson, FSU and MD voted against increasing the exit fee to $50m (not sure about VT) but vote to add Rudy was unanimous.

Also it has been widely reported in erased exit fee went into effect yesterday but not sure if agreement has been signed by all schools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom