If I Understand This | The Boneyard

If I Understand This

Reaction Score
North Carolina did not commit an infraction because the bogus courses were open to non-athletes, as well as athletes. So anyone with a North Carolina degree has worthless paper.

Reaction Score
North Carolina did not commit an infraction because the bogus courses were open to non-athletes, as well as athletes. So anyone with a North Carolina degree has worthless paper.
Hence why the accreditation board investigated... and put them on probation....... which only lasted like 10 months....

GFD I really hate UNC now. Worse than Puke? Likely

Reaction Score
I believe the commission proved they are corrupt based upon the mountain of evidence, multiple avenues to pursue that show a clear intent to decieve the NCAA for the purpose of keeping athletes eligible, and their lack of cooperation throughout the entire process. That said, the NCAA should just change the standards and their scope of authority, and punish UNC retroactively for knowingly submitting false APR scores and lack of institutional control. There is ample precedent for them to proceed as we know first hand.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
The fact that they kept their accreditation says that game is just as rigged as the NCAA one

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Axis of Evil?

Sub out Duke for Louisville and you'd have the Axis of Cheating

This makes me dislike UNC more and definitely never root for them, but my evil trinity never included them. Until Calipari took over, UK wasn't either.

But right now, it's still for me, no questions about it: UK, Cuse, Duke, I think in that order...

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
This makes me dislike UNC more and definitely never root for them, but my evil trinity never included them. Until Calipari took over, UK wasn't either.

But right now, it's still for me, no questions about it: UK, Cuse, Duke, I think in that order...

For me it's UNC, Duke and Michigan St. The Final Four with Duke v. Mich St and the 09 FF I rooted for Giant Meteor.

Reaction Score
They have just created a model for other schools athletic departments. If you need good players aren't book smart just make fake classes. Just have to make sure not to do it while on probation.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
The NCAA has invented ways to punish teams, and that hasn’t been limited to UConn. I have no doubt the agreement they have with schools include ethical violations that could have easily been applied to UNC. At the very least, accreditation violations involving sports teams should be actionable by the NCAA.

Reaction Score
I’ll tell you what I don’t understand. The NCAA is going to punish schools in the future for infractions of all sorts, things like extra recruit phone calls, unauthorized benefits to players like having a cookout in a booster’s yard, maybe a plane ticket to get a kid home.But how is anyone going to take this stuff seriously after they let North Carolina get away with fraud for 2 decades? Take away scholarships for a chicken leg, yet no penalty for keeping your key players academically eligible in a national championship season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom