If I may... | The Boneyard

If I may...

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
there was one flaw tonight. We missed too many free throws. We got lucky that Memphis can't defend on inbounds because I cringed at the thought of a 1 and 1. They all need to take about 100 of them tomorrow.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
This is a good point. Get 'em in the gym early in the morning. They did seem better at hitting them in the final few minutes than they have over the past few games though.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The FTs were a huge difference - or could have been - last night
EVERYONE on that team is shaky on those damn 1 and 1s

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I have little things along the course of a game that I pay close attention to because I believe they are usually reliable indicators of who will win.
Two of those are free throws and offensive boards. I haven't looked at the ORB stats but it sure felt like they crushed us there. They also hit their free throws (up until one of their dudes missed two in an enormous spot.) I had very little confidence we'd pull it out for those two reasons.

Reaction Score
there was one flaw tonight. We missed too many free throws. We got lucky that Memphis can't defend on inbounds because I cringed at the thought of a 1 and 1. They all need to take about 100 of them tomorrow.

I am going to adjust this to be shown as a moving average later today, but here is how UConn is doing on a game by game basis with the free throws; very odd how all the progress they had made has gone out the window last two games.

https://twitter.com/UConn6thBorough/status/832626416164417536

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
And lazy passes

Reaction Score
In 2014 I think they led the nation in FT and even went a few games in March without even missing. What is going on this year? Freethrows absolutely make the difference between an average team on the cusp/NIT and a team that can win a few in the tourney. I think it is a huge HUGE difference that can NOT be overstated and in fact is often under stated. In Uconns case, I bet with some improved FT shooting Uconn could have easily been +4 in the win column, for real. Instead of 13-12 they could very well be 17-8 (including that Northeastern game) and be on the fringe for the bubble. They needs to have some freethrow drills. Everyone on the teams goes at least 9 for 10 or better or you do 5 suicides. Something like that. For each one missed in the game, during practice the next day.....whatever. But they need to get better with this.

Reaction Score
Vance and Purvis went together 4-14, that's a flaw. We won this game not close to playing our best.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Total speculation, but could the finger injury he had in the past be affecting his shot? Many of us have commented on how Brimah's shot from the foul line has changed and it seems he does not keep the ball in his right hand the way he used to last year. The ball slips out of his right hand with poor control rather than rolling off his fingers. It is dramatically different with obviously worse results.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom