If Evers has a concussion | The Boneyard

If Evers has a concussion

Reaction Score
That would be 2 concussions in 4 games. Is redshirting a good idea?

Reaction Score
Evers ran 18 times last week. He ran 8 times today before he was hurt in the first half.

That is way too many times to run your QB. He should run just enough to keep the defense honest and not take hit after hit. Fagnano ran 6 times.

Yes, the QB should slide and avoid contact but that is very difficult when he is running on short yardage downs. We have to bring the QB run number down.

Reaction Score
Today he got KOd by an opposing players butt cheek i think. He is too slight for all that running.
Well it looked like a bit of deliberate head hunting hit to me but apparently it’s okay to do this as player is well into slide? Just don’t lead w/helmet but tagging them in head is okay - as slide has been established?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Evers ran 18 times last week. He ran 8 times today before he was hurt in the first half.

That is way too many times to run your QB. He should run just enough to keep the defense honest and not take hit after hit. Fagnano ran 6 times.

Yes, the QB should slide and avoid contact but that is very difficult when he is running on short yardage downs. We have to bring the QB run number down.
I'd rather see him stay up on the short yardage downs. Slide if you've got little room and have just crossed the yard marker.

Reaction Score
Well it looked like a bit of deliberate head hunting hit to me but apparently it’s okay to do this as player is well into slide? Just don’t lead w/helmet but tagging them in head is okay - as slide has been established?
Look like the defender tried to jump over him to avoid contact and his backside clipped him in the helmet awkwardly.

Reaction Score
If he has a 2nd concussion, I hope he gets shut down to keep him safe. He's got talent and still has a lot to learn to be great.

Reaction Score
Sliding is supposed to be a give up for the qb. Evers has to just get down and protect himself, bit slide where he cant protect.

You can't slide in traffic. The defense is too close.

Reaction Score

Why do we need a running QB when we have a running back room like we do, and O Line that could redig the Panama Canal in one afternoon and the best WRs we have had since Marcus Easley?

I mean we dedicated resources to get these WRs. We need our starting QB to be able to pass and help us not be one dimensional.

When we play some decent teams we won't be able to get away with some of the things we have been doing.

Reaction Score

He did slide to avoid contact, but got clocked anyway, a couple of times with no call. I blame the refs for letting the opposing team fall on a QB when he’s clearly already down, with no penalty.

Reaction Score
Look like the defender tried to jump over him to avoid contact and his backside clipped him in the helmet awkwardly.
I guess, but to me is your head area protected in a slide or isn’t it because he was well into a slide

Reaction Score
He did slide to avoid contact, but got clocked anyway, a couple of times with no call. I blame the refs for letting the opposing team fall on a QB when he’s clearly already down, with no penalty.

Would you like the refs to jump in and protect him with pillows too? They called a late hit on an Evers slide earlier. Nick needs to run less and learn to throw better passes. Starting with being able to hit a WR in stride on a simple slant pattern.

Tucker's throws looked more accurate TBH.

Reaction Score
Why do we need a running QB when we have a running back room like we do, and O Line that could redig the Panama Canal in one afternoon and the best WRs we have had since Marcus Easley?

I mean we dedicated resources to get these WRs. We need our starting QB to be able to pass and help us not be one dimensional.

When we play some decent teams we won't be able to get away with some of the things we have been doing.
Exactly!

Reaction Score
Evers has gotten drilled in the head twice on slides that resulted in personal fouls but not targeting, I actually hate the targeting call on those kinds of slides in traffic after the defender has committed to getting low, but it's precisely the kind of foul that was called against UConn against Maryland.

Reaction Score
Evers has not done a great job protecting himself especially on his slides. But IMO Fagnano comes much closer to maximizing the talent we can put on the field around him. I'm okay with giving Nick a break the next week or two. Then we can recalibrate what makes sense moving forward. Hope Nick recovers fully and quickly.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Evers slides feet first at times and head first other's. It makes it difficult for a defender to measure him up.

Reaction Score
In
I guess, but to me is your head area protected in a slide or isn’t it because he was well into a slide
But in this case the defender went out of his away to avoid contact. His lower body made contact with Nick as his Nicks head raised up in a natural motion after a slide. Think of a player sliding into 2nd base. Your torso naturally starts to elevate. The defender can't be expected to vanish into thin air on that type of play.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Think the teams upside is higher with Fagnano. They already have a ton of capable runners in the backfield and with the best WRs they've had in...ever? I'm going with the guy with the better arm.

Reaction Score

Because the RPO is a thing and helps the outside zone more than just hit standard sets, and a guy like Evers has the physical ability to exploit it, making the defense have to take that into account when trying to cover their lanes. It makes us better/more dimensional.

Reaction Score

Luckily, we don’t have very many decent teams left on our schedule

Reaction Score
I didn’t see it that way-Evers started his slide very late as he tried to maximize his yardage gained, and the defender went over the top of him and hit him with his trailing leg as he sailed over the top of Evers

Reaction Score
Would you like the refs to jump in and protect him with pillows too? They called a late hit on an Evers slide earlier. Nick needs to run less and learn to throw better passes. Starting with being able to hit a WR in stride on a simple slant pattern.

Tucker's throws looked more accurate TBH.
No, of course not, but the refs should’ve given Oscars to the Buffalo defenders that pretended to trip and fall on his head.:rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom