If Diaco wants fans to stay until the end of the game... | The Boneyard

If Diaco wants fans to stay until the end of the game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He shouldn't have left the girls game at halftime. Same with the new OC, not a good look.

Reaction Score
He shouldn't have left the girls game at halftime. Same with the new OC, not a good look.

You don't seem to understand that it is never too early to be working on the offensive scheme for the season opener. I'm sure they just went to their offices to watch Nova films.

Reaction Score
We just finished the 2014 season at 2-10. The program regressed under Diaco, by any visible standard having to do with game day performance, which would have been virtually impossible for me to consider, given the way that the previous 3 seasons unfolded, but it did happen and resulted in the worst season of UCONN football in decades.

Of all the things to gripe about going forward. Really? Leaving a women's basketball game at halftime?

We are UCONN fans. Hear us roar. Wow.

Reaction Score
Probably didn't understand what he was watching...........dominant win by a perennial national champion.

Good lord this program has me jaded.

Reaction Score
On the list of things that I give a about, this is number, uh number... well, hell, it's not on there at all.

I left the game at halftime too. Fell asleep on my couch.

Reaction Score
Here's what you do to keep fans in the stands - run some promotion similar to the Buffalo Wild Wings at the basketball games, but instead of using ticket stubs, hand out coupons at the end of the game to fans as they're leaving the stadium. And it should be something that won't get the fans booing a win because we didn't go for another score. Maybe something like forcing three turnovers.

My local minor league baseball team has a promotion where if a certain player on the opposing team strikes out three times, everyone gets free pizza from a local pizza place. But they don't use stubs. They give you coupons as you're leaving. It keeps fans actively engaged and in their seats until the end of the game. If you leave early, you don't get pizza. Then again, there was a game a few years ago where said player was standing on deck in the top of the ninth with two strikeouts already and the batter hit into a double play to end the game. The fans weren't happy. Fortunately, there are no double plays in football.

Reaction Score
Here's what you do to keep fans in the stands - run some promotion similar to the Buffalo Wild Wings at the basketball games, but instead of using ticket stubs, hand out coupons at the end of the game to fans as they're leaving the stadium. And it should be something that won't get the fans booing a win because we didn't go for another score. Maybe something like forcing three turnovers.

My local minor league baseball team has a promotion where if a certain player on the opposing team strikes out three times, everyone gets free pizza from a local pizza place. But they don't use stubs. They give you coupons as you're leaving. It keeps fans actively engaged and in their seats until the end of the game. If you leave early, you don't get pizza. Then again, there was a game a few years ago where said player was standing on deck in the top of the ninth with two strikeouts already and the batter hit into a double play to end the game. The fans weren't happy. Fortunately, there are no double plays in football.

Win.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Hair appointments are tough to reschedule - grays start to show through and loose ends look bad...according to the Mrs.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'll just state the obvious. Want fans to stay the whole game? Put a team on the field that is competent and competitive, coach likes it's a real game and not a scrimmage and win a few games.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
To get fans to stay till the end of the game, Diaco is gonna first have to get them there at the beginning of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom