If Diaco leaves.... | The Boneyard

If Diaco leaves....

Status
Not open for further replies.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
... how many of these players are going to leave? I don't think that keeping Diaco is a possibility but since we only have 8 recruits we might be in a bad spot with whom we can bring in this late in the game and get impact players. By the way I am not saying these are impact players.

Screen Shot 2016-11-21 at 12.39.57 PM.png

Reaction Score
... how many of these players are going to leave? I don't think that keeping Diaco is a possibility but since we only have 8 recruits we might be in a bad spot with whom we can bring in this late in the game and get impact players. By the way I am not saying these are impact players.

View attachment 17050
Understand your concerns, I share your concerns but .... the right new coach out there will have his own stable of potential recruits and right mix of assistants as well as retaining certain assistants could work wonders.....
WE NEED WKG's,,,, the "wrong kind of guys"..... (2.0) barely in the classroom, 4.0 on the football field and 4.3 in 40.!!!!!!

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Who care though?? I mean Diaco hasn't exactly been lighting the world on fire with his recuits either- that's half the issue. So maybe some new coaching and new talent would help?

Reaction Score
Our recruiting has been so bad that attrition and decommits may not even be the worst thing to happen

Reaction Score
Diaco is not "leaving". He will be fired or he will be coaching at Uconn next season. Those are the only two outcomes. Either way, everyone of those players is at risk. If he is fired, the odds of retention are higher than if he stays.

Reaction Score
Is that normal to only have 8 commits at this point?
Unfortunately, for Diaco, it is. The results on the field are directly correlated to his success as a recruiter. He had lost way more recruiting battles against peer schools than he has won. Uconn is not a destination option for 4 and 5 * football players, but he has not found the kind of 2 and 3* kids that would make the team successful. Or maybe he has but lacks the ability to coach them up.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, for Diaco, it is. The results on the field are directly correlated to his success as a recruiter. He had lost way more recruiting battles against peer schools than he has won. Uconn is not a destination option for 4 and 5 * football players, but he has not found the kind of 2 and 3* kids that would make the team successful. Or maybe he has but lacks the ability to coach them up.
yup. We can win with 2* and 3* guys, they just have to be the right ones and we have to be able to develop them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom