If Conference Tourney Were Today (2/5) | The Boneyard

If Conference Tourney Were Today (2/5)

Reaction Score
1st Round:

Game One: #8 SMU v.s. # 9 Wichita State (1 PM EST, ESPNU)

Game Two: #5 USF v.s. #12 Tulane (3 PM EST, ESPNU)

Game Three: #7 UConn v.s. #10 Tulsa (8 PM EST, ESPNU)

Game Four: #6 Memphis v.s. # East Carolina (10 PM EST, ESPNU)

Quarterfinals:

Game One: #1 Houston v.s. SMU/Wichita State (12 PM EST, ESPN2)

Game Two: #4 Temple v.s. USF/Tulane (2 PM EST, ESPN2)

Game Three: #2 Cincinnati v.s. UConn/Tulsa (7 PM EST, ESPNU)

Game Four: #3 UCF v.s. Memphis/East Carolina (9 PM EST, ESPNU)

Reaction Score
Wow being in the first round game against Tulsa is rough. Would much prefer to play Wichita State, ECU, or Tulane. Even SMU might be preferable, though they wiped the floor with us last year in the 1st round.

A top 4 finish in the league and a first round bye seems near impossible at this point, which is really unfortunate. That USF collapse still hurts.

Reaction Score
Wow being in the first round game against Tulsa is rough. Would much prefer to play Wichita State, ECU, or Tulane. Even SMU might be preferable, though they wiped the floor with us last year in the 1st round.

A top 4 finish in the league and a first round bye seems near impossible at this point, which is really unfortunate. That USF collapse still hurts.
It's unlikely simply because I don't trust the team to win enough games to do it, but they're just 2 games back from Temple for the 4 spot, and though they'd have to jump Memphis and USF, they have 5 combined games coming up against those 3 teams, in addition to home games against Houston and Cincy.

Reaction Score
It's unlikely simply because I don't trust the team to win enough games to do it, but they're just 2 games back from Temple for the 4 spot, and though they'd have to jump Memphis and USF, they have 5 combined games coming up against those 3 teams, in addition to home games against Houston and Cincy.
Ah, we're closer than I thought then. We'll see what happens after this week. Picking up a road win or two would be a good start.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
We need to get to the 5 or 6 seed.

But also, I'd rather play Cinci than UCF or Houston.

Reaction Score
Better to be a 6/7 seed than a 5 seed if Houston is the 1.

Reaction Score
To me the 6th seed looks like the sweet spot for us. I think ECU would be an easy win, and then amongst the top 3 AAC teams I would rather face UCF rather than Cincy or UH. It’s very hard for a team to beat an in conference foe 3 times in one year. Also if Alterique was healthy we would have beaten UCF at their place.

Reaction Score
Would like to end up on the opposite side of the bracket as Memphis, who will be playing on their home court. They're gonna be a tough out.

Reaction Score
That USF game was a killer. I can kinda live with losing to Tulsa and getting swept by UCf but god we Shudda beat USF

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
That USF game was a killer. I can kinda live with losing to Tulsa and getting swept by UCf but god we Shudda beat USF
USF is a lot better than Tulsa by most metrics (shocking I know). In KenPom, USF is #93 and Tulsa is #135.Brian Gregory may not be the greatest coach but he's just good enough for a program like USF, rebuilt that roster really quickly.

Reaction Score
USF is a lot better than Tulsa by most metrics (shocking I know). In KenPom, USF is #93 and Tulsa is #135.Brian Gregory may not be the greatest coach but he's just good enough for a program like USF, rebuilt that roster really quickly.

Ya, but we never win at Tulsa so it's not expected at this point. We've always beaten USF.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom