If Boat makes the foul shots, he doesn't need the buzzer beater. | The Boneyard

If Boat makes the foul shots, he doesn't need the buzzer beater.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He's like Ray: much better from 3 than from the stripe when the game's on the line.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Crazy world, ain't it.

Nice to see that game winner go in. He has been battling the ghosts of Bazz and Kemba all year. Maybe that makes 'em go away and he can seek his own destiny.

And if you were nicer, you would only be a douch3bag, not a massive douch3bag

Reaction Score
The Boneyard-iest Boneyard post that ever was.
Thanks. It was wonderful to see that shot go in. It looked like Texas/Yale. Then it didn't matter.

The gods were toying with us. But it was nice to see Boat have that moment even if he was the one who made it necessary.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Get smarter.

Ok. You are a massive bouchebag no matter what. You've proven it. You should not be questioned.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Crazy world, ain't it.

Nice to see that game winner go in. He has been battling the ghosts of Bazz and Kemba all year. Maybe that makes 'em go away and he can seek his own destiny.
I'm not sure he was battling the ghosts of Bazz and Kemba. More like the ghost of the Texas game and its implications for this season. See UConnSwagg11's video.

I get your point however. If he makes those free throws he might not have had the opportunity to be an "end of the game" hero. This season was difficult for the coaches, players and fans. With this shining moment that difficulty was forgotten at least temporarily. I hope the "ugly memories' continue to recede as the team moves forward with the opportunity to redeem itself.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
And if Jamal Coomb-McDaniels decided to not grab the rebound, we're probably sitting level with the college basketball world.

Reaction Score
Come on be honest guys, when he missed the FT, the first thing I thought was Bazz n Kemba don't miss that FT. Had we lost the board would be killing him today over that miss.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Since this thread is rolling, have a serious question. How come easy seats tickets are always so cheap? And is the site legit? Anyone use it?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Come on be honest guys, when he missed the FT, the first thing I thought was Bazz n Kemba don't miss that FT. Had we lost the board would be killing him today over that miss.
Certainly some posters would hit him for the miss. But the predominate sentiment in this forum is that Boat has been extraordinary the past two seasons and either deserves to be on the Wall of Honor or is just short of that accolade. Nonetheless it is great that he made the shot. Happy for him.

Reaction Score
I went on a five mile walk just before the the game.
I try to do 50 miles a week.
I was meditating on a number of things as I listened to a podcast.
My thoughts flashed through the season ,especially being burnt at crunch time.
Then I saw a vision ,I saw the score tied as the clock was ticking down.Ryan had the ball just outside the three point line . He made a move to get free and swish.
I thought to myself failure of this team to jell and making last second shots
to put away an opponent are related. If only we could make a game winner like that ,this year's group would become a single force greater than its parts.
A fantasy, maybe, an omen ,who knows , a win, for sure, or just an old man suffering dehydration in the AZ sun.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Since this thread is rolling, have a serious question. How come easy seats tickets are always so cheap? And is the site legit? Anyone use it?
Yes they are legit, purchased 6 all session tix for $76 each picked up the day after I ordered been to 2 out of 3 sessions so far.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
"If Woody had gone straight to the police..."

Really, OP?...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members