If a "Division IV" is created, get ready for more conf realignment | The Boneyard

If a "Division IV" is created, get ready for more conf realignment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://mrsec.com/2014/06/division-iv-created-get-ready-conference-realignment/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed: mrseccom (MrSEC.com)

"So, if the richest athletic programs want to keep more money for themselves, would any non-Power Five school have a realistic chance of crashing a Power Five league? We believe they would for two reasons.

The first reason is even more money. If a Power Five league believes that adding another television market will help that conference in the long-term, they’ll add a school. If ESPN says adding a specific school will improve their TV contract, they’ll add a school. If a league like the Big 12 decides that re-launching its conference championship game will bring in additional millions revenue, it will add schools."

Last edited:
Reaction Score

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
"Connecticut — The best of the rest, if you will. UConn is solid in terms of academics (#57 on the USN&WR list). The school can legitimately claim the Hartford television market while also trying to convince a league that the Huskies’ alumni base can bring in viewers in New York and Boston as well. UConn’s basketball program has arguably been the best in the nation in the 2000s. Its football program has grown (with a new stadium) and it has actually reached a BCS bowl in recent years. In addition, UConn’s athletic budget is bigger than those of Iowa State, Vanderbilt, Boston College, Oregon State, Kansas State, Maryland, Pittsburgh, Mississippi State and a few more current Power Five schools. The Huskies have been passed over again and again by the Big Ten and the ACC, but if one of those conferences wants to strengthen its voting bloc while possibly increasing revenue, UConn would be the hands down school of choice from those remaining."
I love how people don't know or ignore Fairfield County.

Reaction Score
I like how mr.sec states that UConn can try and convince a league that they bring in viewers from boston and new york city there is no trying to convince a league of that. The fact is UConn brings more or about the same of a following in Boston and New York city than Boston College or Rutgers. He is right on one thing the academic side UConn continues to improve and hold its own this is not coincidence UConn will be in the big ten by 2017.

Reaction Score
It is consistently missed that Fairfield County is part of the NYC DMA. Connecticut without ny or boston is a top 21/22 DMA. In the US.

Well, I have no clue about similar areas around the country. I'm sure the same misperceptions happen with St. Louis's DMA or around Chicago. Where does DC end and Baltimore begin? Etc.

Reaction Score
ESPN lol.

Yeah, I don't see the B1G being too influenced by ESPN at all, thankfully.

There are only so many schools available to add. Not really sure what he's talking about.

Reaction Score
"Connecticut — The best of the rest, if you will. UConn is solid in terms of academics (#57 on the USN&WR list). The school can legitimately claim the Hartford television market while also trying to convince a league that the Huskies’ alumni base can bring in viewers in New York and Boston as well. UConn’s basketball program has arguably been the best in the nation in the 2000s. Its football program has grown (with a new stadium) and it has actually reached a BCS bowl in recent years. In addition, UConn’s athletic budget is bigger than those of Iowa State, Vanderbilt, Boston College, Oregon State, Kansas State, Maryland, Pittsburgh, Mississippi State and a few more current Power Five schools. The Huskies have been passed over again and again by the Big Ten and the ACC, but if one of those conferences wants to strengthen its voting bloc while possibly increasing revenue, UConn would be the hands down school of choice from those remaining."
I love how people don't know or ignore Fairfield County.

The tax collector hasn't ignored Fairfield County...

But in general a good piece. It is great that Mr. SEC and the like are talking about us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom