Bench
Rique
KW
Polley
Silverio
Whaley
Grad Transfer Big/Shooter
3 Walk-Ons

That starting 5 lacks shooting so maybe I’d play with the idea of CV starting at the 3 and Sid coming off the bench

Reaction Score
Hmmmm, there's no beef in your starting lineup. I like the guys, but I think there needs to be some element of toughness and that's hard for me to say because I really like Josh and Mamadou and I am excited about Sid.

It's so early, lots can and possibly will change, both in and out. These are interesting and exciting times to be sure.

Reaction Score
Hmmmm, there's no beef in your starting lineup. I like the guys, but I think there needs to be some element of toughness and that's hard for me to say because I really like Josh and Mamadou and I am excited about Sid.

It's so early, lots can and possibly will change, both in and out. These are interesting and exciting times to be sure.
I disagree with this as MD has some decent muscle and I hope JC hits the weight this offseason. I would prefer a more mobile 4 than MD but not sure I want Polley out there starting until he gains more confidence. I wouldn't be surprised if we go 3 guards with either CV or Siverio and move Wilson to the 4 at times.

Reaction Score
my ideal roster would be:
Starting 5:
Jalen A
Jalen L
Sid Wilson
Diarra
Carlton

Sixth Man:
CV

Bench
Rique
KW
Polley
Silverio
Whaley
Grad Transfer Big/Shooter
3 Walk-Ons

That starting 5 lacks shooting so maybe I’d play with the idea of CV starting at the 3 and Sid coming off the bench

Jalen Adams liked this Jalen Lecque video on his IG

Reaction Score
Don’t forget about Polly. He was starting to show some positive signs at seasons end. I believe with the new staff and some confidence he can be a nice long 3/4 with really good range sooner than many think.

Reaction Score
I disagree with this as MD has some decent muscle and I hope JC hits the weight this offseason. I would prefer a more mobile 4 than MD but not sure I want Polley out there starting until he gains more confidence. I wouldn't be surprised if we go 3 guards with either CV or Siverio and move Wilson to the 4 at times.

Not often, I hope.

Sid is like 6'6 185. Maybe. There are some scenarios we could pull that off. I think were more likely to see him playing a few minutes at the 2 than 4.

Then again, the modern game is all about who you can defend. I think sid could learn to defend 1-4 if he works hard on IQ

Reaction Score
Not often, I hope.

Sid is like 6'6 185. Maybe. There are some scenarios we could pull that off. I think were more likely to see him playing a few minutes at the 2 than 4.

Then again, the modern game is all about who you can defend. I think sid could learn to defend 1-4 if he works hard on IQ
I think we have Sid closer to 6'7" based on a couple people he stood next to. Also, did you see the final 4 with all the teams with undersized 4's. Basketball is changing and there are a lot of teams playing small ball. I do agree Sid needs to at least get to Larrier's or DHam's girth to be to play it for extended minutes.

Reaction Score
Is he available?

Haven't seen UConn mentioned with him, the thought was he may end up at Maryland - his mom apparently lives nearby and he just took an unofficial there today. Wouldn't be surprised to see him commit by the end of the weekend especially with Maryland having playing time available.

Tariq Owens is the guy I really wanted, but I think he's already cut his list to three.

Reaction Score
Haven't seen UConn mentioned with him, the thought was he may end up at Maryland - his mom apparently lives nearby and he just took an unofficial there today. Wouldn't be surprised to see him commit by the end of the weekend especially with Maryland having playing time available.

Tariq Owens is the guy I really wanted, but I think he's already cut his list to three.
247 MD references Trey as Top 15 in scoring per Synergy + anchored the 34th rated defense per KenPom.

My guess is Owens may be in the same position as Porter with the Texas Tech visit this weekend. Yeah though Owens will be a help to someone indeed.

Reaction Score
Is he available?
Yes but as Champs mentioned time is of the essence. I think we are in the sweet spot for a GS big. Forcing the ——issue helps us long term. Plus making the tournament would be a good accomplishment yr 1 for Hurley. Getting a visit would be nice and then selling him on the fact Fernando may stay at MD. He could start anyways who knows.

Upgrading the front court with 1 key piece may be all it takes. Jmho

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I guess I am late to the party, but why do we think we are getting Jalen Lecque & why do we think he will play for us in this upcoming year?

Reaction Score
I guess I am late to the party, but why do we think we are getting Jalen Lecque & why do we think he will play for us in this upcoming year?
The optimism revolves around Young and his ny connections. Excitement persists with the hire.

Reaction Score
We would certainly have a better team if this were the case. That's the type of player you need as your first guard off the pine for sure, hope we get good enough recruits for this to be possible.
you would think after two seasons with last year being a massive improvement for him that he would be really let down by being relegated to the bench for a prospective freshman in lecque.

Reaction Score
you would think after two seasons with last year being a massive improvement for him that he would be really let down by being relegated to the bench for a prospective freshman in lecque.

He's a really nice player, somewhat out of control at times still but very valuable. His minutes will come down a little but not a lot as there will be (more than likely) a lot of 3 guard line ups still. Not sure who or how but hopefully the addition of a healthy Alterique and another ball handler/shooter will create more depth for this team. Let's not take away his value or impact (heck our best rebounder) but let's hope instead everyone gets better at their jobs and someone like him flourishes because he is asked to do less while in turn helping him take better shots and make better decisions game in game out.

Reaction Score
Why?

I think Hurley would prefer 2 good ball handlers and playmakers in the back court and that's not what Vital is. Vital would be good off the bench in a scoring/energy role.

I agree but he was one of the few bright spots last year and he works so hard.....that being said it would be a good scenerio if we landed someone who could step in.

Reaction Score
Omar will struggle to see the court. He’s a 2 star recruit, only reason he has any business playing here is for lecque

Reaction Score
absolutely insane to think christian vital is gonna come off the bench...

We would certainly have a better team if this were the case. That's the type of player you need as your first guard off the pine for sure, hope we get good enough recruits for this to be possible.

I mean CV started this year out of necessity as carry over from Gilbert's injury freshman year. I can't remember if Gilbert started this season along side Jalen, but that was the original plan when looking at roster construction on paper.

CV had that spot last season out of circumstance not necessarily roster fit. If Gilbert came back as himself from two years ago or we got a stud SG typ that adds a more well rounded skill set, then I could them starting with CV off the bench in the 6th man/gunner role.

Worked fine for Divincenzo...

Reaction Score
You guys really think CV is going to be a happy camper being on the bench after starting so many games? Regardless of the fact that is was more out of circumstances that he ended up starting the amount of times he did the last few seasons...
He will be a upper classmen who grinded through the bad seasons. He is not going to be happy in that plan. Plus he is way to competitive.

If someone starts over CV he better be a STUD cause CV may need to work on control and shot selection he is by far the toughest UCONN type player on the team..

Reaction Score
You guys really think CV is going to be a happy camper being on the bench after starting so many games? Regardless of the fact that is was more out of circumstances that he ended up starting the amount of times he did the last few seasons...
He will be a upper classmen who grinded through the bad seasons. He is not going to be happy in that plan. Plus he is way to competitive.

If someone starts over CV he better be a STUD cause CV may need to work on control and shot selection he is by far the toughest UCONN type player on the team..

You don't cater towards peoples feelings when recruiting. If he gets over recruited than its on him to prove his worth and grind. If he is a true team player he will accept his 6th/7th man role. If not, so be it. On to the next. He is not some NBA caliber player either. If we have Lecque, Adams, and Gilbert next year, he needs to understand that he is in a defensive minded, run in transition, and spot up role (where he should of been from the beginning) at about 15 minutes a game. He is tough. Totally respect his tenacity. But you don't apologize for demoting players to spots that make the most sense for the team to succeed. And like you said he is very competitive so you would hope that he takes the "ill prove them wrong" approach.

Reaction Score
Don't know if this post deserved a whole other thread but I wanted to, with all of the recent news and changes, sum up a list of prospective recruits that have the most buzz/interest on our end with the new staff in place. Would love to hear some debate on the players we'd like to get and any additions I am forgetting.

In my eyes ideally it would be Lecque, Silverio if its a package and Smith/Carr. (wouldn't mind at all bringing back Akinjo in replacement of the latter two/three). If that was the case we could focus on bigs and a wing in 2019. With my realistic sights being on Delaire, Achiuwa, Akok. Love Bouknights game though if we whiff on Lecque. And love Colemans inside and out game with his size if we lose any big due to attrition of any kind.

2018 Recruits

Jalen Lecque
Omar Silverio
Serrel Smith
Brendan Adams
James Akinjo

Regular Transfers

Isaiah Washington
Marcus Carr
Jamir Harris

Grad Transfers

Joe Cremo