I'd like to see an all New England tournament | The Boneyard

I'd like to see an all New England tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

borninansonia

Neandertal
Reaction Score
the best 8 teams in New England play for the New England championship. So old-time rivalries here.

UConn, Providence, BC, UMass, URI and the best of Harvard, Yale, BU, Northeastern, Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, and Fairfield as voted in by the Boneyard.

Reaction Score
I've made this suggestion a few times - sort of a region-wide basketball Beanpot.

1. UConn
2. Providence
3. BC
4. UMass
5. Harvard
6. URI
7. Fairfiled
8. New Hampshire

Play the whole tourney over four days in Boston at the Garden. I honestly think people would go berserk for it.

Reaction Score
I've made this suggestion a few times - sort of a region-wide basketball Beanpot.

1. UConn
2. Providence
3. BC
4. UMass
5. Harvard
6. URI
7. Fairfiled
8. New Hampshire

Play the whole tourney over four days in Boston at the Garden. I honestly think people would go berserk for it.
At least most of those teams would have better RPIs thank UMass-Lowell and the Furman! I'd like to see us throw out three of those total cupcake games we had this year and play three decent "mid-majors" instead.

Reaction Score
At least most of those teams would have better RPIs thank UMass-Lowell and the Furman! I'd like to see us throw out three of those total cupcake games we had this year and play three decent "mid-majors" instead.

Furman wasn't a buy game, it was part of the Battle 4 Atlantis.

Reaction Score

1. UConn
2. Providence
3. BC
4. UMass
5. Harvard
6. URI
7. Fairfiled
8. New Hampshire

URI and UMass are both in the A-10 so that wouldn't work. But that's about as close as you can get it without sacrificing the quality of teams.

I like this idea, but not enough to sacrifice our yearly exempt tourney for it.

Reaction Score
Didn't there used to be a mini-tourney sponsored by Mass Mutual back in the day? Would feature UConn, UMass and some other New England teams.

Reaction Score
the best 8 teams in New England play for the New England championship. So old-time rivalries here.

UConn, Providence, BC, UMass, URI and the best of Harvard, Yale, BU, Northeastern, Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, and Fairfield as voted in by the Boneyard.
You can only have one official "tournament." I'd rather have Battle4Atlantis and Maui long term.

They might be able to get away with a round robin of sorts, like Philadelphia's Big 5. Not a tournament, just a series of games at a neutral site: rotate between Boston/Hartford/Providence. Have BC, UConn, and PC and invite two best of the rest Could be interesting, but not likely.

Reaction Score
Furman wasn't a buy game, it was part of the Battle 4 Atlantis.
Right, my bad. But you get my point I'm assuming. Eliminate some sub 200 RPI games and replace them with at minimum some 150+ if possible. 100+ would be better.

Reaction Score
Would like to see a 4 team weekend tournament at the Garden:
1. UConn
2. Providence
3. BC
4. UMass

Reaction Score
Didn't there used to be a mini-tourney sponsored by Mass Mutual back in the day? Would feature UConn, UMass and some other New England teams.
They played at the Boston Garden, UConn, UMass, BC, Holy Cross.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom