ICYMI: Long video excerpt from The Geno Project | The Boneyard

ICYMI: Long video excerpt from The Geno Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That was great. I didn't watch it last night. Was that pretty much the whole show?

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Thanks so much for the links. This is terrific. Enjoyed it to the hilt.

Reaction Score
What a great service you did for board. Thanks so much for the links to a great show I was unable to watch!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
It appears this is the full program -
total amongst the four videos posted on ESPNW: 24 minutes - add in 6 minutes of commercial and you have the full half hour

Reaction Score
Those 4 links are the full show. If you watch clip 4 before clip 3 you'll see it in order.

Reaction Score
Amazing, what motivational tools they could be.
Thanks pap.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Learned at least one thing from this ESPN presentation: That Geno likes to set up CD as the bad guy and she willingly takes it on; stickler for details that she is, it fits. So where over the years did we get the Geno is the bad guy and CD is the mother hen thing? Both Maya and D, D more so, explained it: CD could give context to Geno's barbs, etc. when the players straggled into her office. But when D said she essentially hated CD during her four years, I believed her. Had another thing reinforced by this video: The unshakeable love and bond D has for Geno reminiscent of her famous speech about how outsiders don't get him and she's glad they don't. And as others have noted: the CD Geno tandem that works so well and was so gracefully portrayed by Maya, Shea and CD and Geno themselves. It was a special half hour.

And I absolutely loved the refrain from Geno repeated I believe at beginning and end: Essentially, and I paraphrase: 9 is in the trophy case, we aren't defending it. No one can take it away. No, this season we defend nothing, we are attacking everyone else.

Geno's imitation of Douglas Macarthur. Love it.

Reaction Score
It was really well done and impressive the way they got all those interviews with everyone from former players to relatives to past co-workers. I sorta half expected it to simply be a rah rah Geno is the bestest, show some clips of him yelling at practice, a bunch of filler of championship game clips, the obligatory interview with CD, some more filler of past game highlights and maybe a current player interview about how tough practice is, but I have to give them credit as they went beyond the superficial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom