OT: Iconic Rock Piano Riff or Otherwise | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Iconic Rock Piano Riff or Otherwise

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
@Bigboote

[The Lamia]

Geez, I love that song, Connie. I thought I was the only person who thinks that's the standout from Lamb.

And, speaking of Tony's iconic piano playing, here's another from Selling England by the Pound:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
And I don't believe we've had any Mellotron. Here's Court of the Crimson King, probably the most iconic mellotron this side of the Moody Blues. That album if my favorite of all of Greg Lake's.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
One more bit of prog rock, this one from Gentle Giant, with the guitar doubling the synthesizer:

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score

Ever since I saw the scene where he and the Raelettes improv'd this song live in the movie "Ray," this song has captivated me. For anyone who's ever dreamed about going back in time to be witness to particular moments (who hasn't), this one is on my very, very short wish list.

Brownsville, Pennsylvania, outside of Pittsburgh. Venue: unknown. Time: Wee hours, around 1:00 a.m. or 2:00 a.m. Set list exhausted, but still on the clock under the evening's contract.

Ray to the Raelettes: "Listen, I'm going to fool around and y'all just follow me."

and then...magic.

Last edited:

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Mrs. SVC and I saw American Graffiti. Four teenage girls sat in front of us. Several times we laugh out loud at scenes you had to have lived to understand fully. Those four girls kept looking at us and then the screen. They never could figure out what was so funny.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Man, no mention of this keyboard classic?
Actually, Meyers 7 did mention it in his previous post of the indubitably iconic Eric Cartman cover of said classic. :rolleyes:

Another well known opening. I'll give you an "iconic"? voice???? :rolleyes::eek:

Come Sail Away - Eric Cartman (Styx cover)

This would not fit in the beautiful music thread.

Reaction Score
A little Keith Emerson. Keys, C3, synth, pipe organs all were mastered by this genius:

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom