Ice, Geno and Race Cars | The Boneyard

Ice, Geno and Race Cars

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Most of this story could be told about several superstars -- Elena Della Donne comes to mind. Obviously she also had to grow up as a person (which took quite a while) before she could realize her potential on the basketball court -- and in her case that process took place without Geno in her ear. Tina Charles might be another example.

Maybe superstars are more vulnerable to this problem because, before college, they had never encountered failure on the court, such as a game where they and others effectively blamed them for a loss. Rebecca Lobo had said that she had similar issues in her freshman and sophomore years.

There are exceptions like Maya Moore and perhaps Paige, but they are few and far between.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Oops! If my comment above seems disconnected from the short video with Geno and Ice, that's because it is. After viewing that video, I watched another one that came up on the YouTube trailer. That was a longer video (roughly minutes) about Geno's relationship with Stewie, especially during her freshman year, and about how he and the other coaches had to struggle to overcome her stubbornness. My comment above pertains to that video.

If you can find it on YouTube, I recommend that you watch it.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Oops! If my comment above seems disconnected from the short video with Geno and Ice, that's because it is. After viewing that video, I watched another one that came up on the YouTube trailer. That was a longer video (roughly minutes) about Geno's relationship with Stewie, especially during her freshman year, and about how he and the other coaches had to struggle to overcome her stubbornness. My comment above pertains to that video.

If you can find it on YouTube, I recommend that you watch it.
I know it well. Stewie admits she tried everything her way freshman year. "Being MVP in the Final 4 does not make you grow up." Geno reveals she started sophmore year the same way.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom