Ice Brady Playoff Update. She's pretty good! | The Boneyard

Ice Brady Playoff Update. She's pretty good!

Reaction Score
Out here in sunny San Diego, the post season playoffs are just wrapping up. (The season was delayed by covid). Ice's Cathedral Catholic team plays in the county championship game tomorrow. In the semi-final game, she scored 22 pts, with 17 rebounds and 4 blocks.
She's a keeper!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
Bonita Vista vs Cathedral Catholic | Girls Basketball | 6/12 (maxpreps.com)

Link to link to watch the game. The catch is you have to spring for $11., a month's subscription. Pay Pay Pay. I remember watching KLS play for Mater Dei in Cal. post season on-line for free.

If you subscribe to Maxipreps(free) there are a few nice highlight videos of Cath. Cath. To my eyes Brady shares a similar body to Gabriel, just a bit smaller. Broad shoulders supported by long and strong legs. If Gabriel can get her skill level just to where Brady is now by the 23 season. Adding Patterson, Brady and a skilled Gabriel in one season is awesome. UConn is going to be untouchable for several seasons. Only S Car (as long as Boston is there) can compete. (Sorry Tara, no shot except in "magic" Maples.)

Reaction Score
Ice wins the championship.

"With the scored tied at 48, Cathedral Catholic’s UConn commit Isuneh “Ice” Brady came up big, scoring back-to-back baskets with 1:01 and 25 seconds to play as Bonita turned the ball over twice.

“Those were some big buckets,” Brady said. “My teammates did a good job getting me the ball in the right spots, and I was able to finish.”

Brady led the Dons with 16 points and 10 rebounds."

Carnac

Reaction Score
Ice wins the championship.

"With the scored tied at 48, Cathedral Catholic’s UConn commit Isuneh “Ice” Brady came up big, scoring back-to-back baskets with 1:01 and 25 seconds to play as Bonita turned the ball over twice.

“Those were some big buckets,” Brady said. “My teammates did a good job getting me the ball in the right spots, and I was able to finish.”

Brady led the Dons with 16 points and 10 rebounds."
She’s got grit!! This was a huge game for Cathedral Catholic against a team they had lost twice to this season. Brady played a large part in her team’s win.

If Ice didn’t shrink or disappear in THIS game, she won’t at the next level either. We got nothing from MaxPreps. Thank goodness for beat writers. Now we know how the game was played, and who did what when the lights were turned all the way up.

These types of games either build character, or reveal it. She’s no magician, if you get my drift. We’re getting a good one. Someone that can be counted on in BIG games.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What a weird box score.

First qtr ends with a score of 2-0? Can't be.
Bonita Vista up 20-2 at one point in the 2nd quarter? Did a player get hurt on Vista? Did the coach blunder at some level? Was Ice in foul trouble early?

Reaction Score
She’s got grit!! This was a huge game for Cathedral Catholic against a team they had lost twice to this season. Brady played a large part in her team’s win.

If Ice didn’t shrink or disappear in THIS game, she won’t at the next level either. We got nothing from MaxPreps. Thank goodness for beat writers. Now we know how the game was played, and who did what when the lights were turned all the way up.

These types of games either build character, or reveal it. She’s no magician, if you get my drift. We’re getting a good one. Someone that can be counted on in BIG games.
As mentioned about Brady in a previous post, she is smooth. Reminds me of an old John Wooden coaching tenant, "Be quick but don't hurry." Similar to Paige, in her games, Ice doesn't appear to get "hurried". And, that's a rarity, especially with bigs. With her and Patterson (can we say, "Athlete", with a big "A") on the floor together, not mention our other stars, its going to be comforting to have more than one or two, "go to" players during crunch time. :cool:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

“Those were some big buckets,” Brady said.
So, they were Ice buckets...

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
The Cathedral Catholic (San Diego, CA) varsity basketball team has a home non-conference game vs. Harvard-Westlake (Studio City, CA) on Tuesday, June 15 @ 7p. This game is a part of the "2021 CIF Southern California Girls Basketball Championships - Open Division" tournament.

Well well well she`s going up against Iriafen (2021, Stanford) of Harvard Westlake. If Cathedral Catholic wins, Mater Dei (we`ve all heard of them!) awaits with Demetre (also 2021, Stanford).

There will be a great deal of interest in those matchups.

Breya Cunningham 2023 is also in the tournament for number 7 La Jolla.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Well well well she`s going up against Iriafen (2021, Stanford) of Harvard Westlake. If Cathedral Catholic wins, Mater Dei (we`ve all heard of them!) awaits with Demetre (also 2021, Stanford).

It’s an unusual occurrence, but the school year ended for most of these teams 3 weeks ago, yet they’re still playing high school basketball. Here in California, they will still have the state championship tournament to play after the CIF finals.

Reaction Score
Well well well she`s going up against Iriafen (2021, Stanford) of Harvard Westlake.
They played against each other prior to the COVID last year, didn't they? And wasn't it about a draw maybe Brady a bit better?

Carnac

Reaction Score

An example of how talented Stanford will be next season with the addition of two of the best players in the state, Iriafin and Demetre.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Final score - Cathedral Catholic defeats Harvard Westlake 59-53. Box score and details forthcoming.

Cathedral Catholic plays Mater Dei Thursday @ 7:00 pm PT.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ice scored 16, on 6 for 13 shooting, including 2 of 4 three pointers. 10 rebounds, 2 blocks. Only 2 for 4 from the foul line. Close game pretty much all the way. A 15 to 10 third quarter was the difference.
Kiki scored 17 on 7 of 17 shooting. 12 boards, 3 blocks.

Reaction Score
What a smooth player Brady is. So excited to see her and also the other terrific recruits to hit campus over the next few years.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom