I would like to see | The Boneyard

I would like to see

Reaction Score
1. A starting line up of Adams vital Wilson Polley and Carlton
2. Jalen Adams as the lead ball handler again to see if the senior can turn things around. It’s hard to lead when so many others are bringing the ball up the court and that had been your role for two years...even if they were losing years.
3. Continue to work Gilbert for spot up threes and less over penetrating drives. His speed is a strength but I think banging threes is pretty helpful too.
4. More ball movement. It has died the last three games
5. During offensive lulls let’s get a 4 guard offense or some 1 3 1 full court press to try and generate some offensive activity.

Reaction Score
1. A starting line up of Adams vital Wilson Polley and Carlton
2. Jalen Adams as the lead ball handler again to see if the senior can turn things around. It’s hard to lead when so many others are bringing the ball up the court and that had been your role for two years...even if they were losing years.
3. Continue to work Gilbert for spot up threes and less over penetrating drives. His speed is a strength but I think banging threes is pretty helpful too.
4. More ball movement. It has died the last three games
5. During offensive lulls let’s get a 4 guard offense or some 1 3 1 full court press to try and generate some offensive activity.
I agree, but replace Carlton w Cobb. Carlton provides nothing. Cobb may be a defensive liability, but he can score and rebound. We may need to think about playing zone as well.

Reaction Score
Our bigs provide so little I'd be quite curious to see how we'd do going super small. Wilson at the 5 against teams without great bigs. We don't effectively screen, Cobb is the only big who can rebound at all, and Wilson's probably our best remaining shot blocker anyhow lol

Reaction Score
I didn’t watch the game. However I saw at one point Rique was 4-4 from 3 ( I think.)Interested me that you didn’t include him in your lineup.

Did he not play that well today?

Reaction Score
I agree, but replace Carlton w Cobb. Carlton provides nothing. Cobb may be a defensive liability, but he can score and rebound. We may need to think about playing zone as well.
Zone? I am seeing more and more Yarders support or be more apt to over look all the issues we had with the last guy.

Reaction Score
Are Gaffney and Bouk legally able to communicate with Sal to formulate specific training programs?

I would like to see that.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I agree with the Cobb topic. Although he looked lost against UCF with only a minute playing time, he has shown in the past he has the moves underneath to score. As far as guard play, you could make a point who starts. It would be nice if all three would be somewhat consistent. In Jalens defense against UCF, he was smothered all game. Putting him back on the ball might help with a drive and pull up jumper. Sid gets a little wild with some shots underneath. However he is eager and I think he deserves a shot out there more than 5 minutes. The Zone is killing us once again. Looks like we are back to dribbling around the key or close to half court line with the shot winding down. Hopefully I am wrong, but I don't think rotating lineups is the answer. Of course I don't have the answer either. It is so sad to watch.

Reaction Score
Lack of shooters is a killer just like always. Even if you let us take wide opens threes, we might make a a handful but we’ll go cold eventually. Everyone knows it. That’s why Gaffney and Bouknight are needed so badly. They’ll be young, but at least we’ll be able to start playing like a real team that can capitalize on wide open jumpers.

I’m hopeful we can get a skilled big that can play inside out a bit with our guards. Mitchell seems like a good player for us as we bring in these shooters. We need some surefire beef, if it isn’t Kofi, so be it. Mitchell and maybe a Juco that can actually rebound would be nice.

Reaction Score
We can spin our wheels endlessly about Carlton, Cobb, Whalley and even Polley. Welsh hit the nail on the head. When the other announcer said the front court players need to get better ( something to that effect, I’m paraphrasing), Welsh said “they
aren’t going to. THEY AREN’T THAT GOOD” That’s just the way it is right now, we have 3 stars, a juco guy who is pretty tough but clueless on D. These are not elite level players. Period. We have to be patient and give Hurley a reasonable chance. A chance to recruit the players that he wants and build his team. Right now he is doing the best he can with 3 star leftovers and a patchwork of grad transfers and juco guys. At least they are playing hard ( most of the time) and certainly looking better than under KO ( also most of the time). But no one is turning this frontcourt into something it is not capable of being. I will be satisfied with a winning season and the NIT. It’s a start in the right direction.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
A huge problem with this offense is spacing. We turn the ball over so much because our guards try to drive into clogged lanes. Too often we have three people (2 bigs and the ball handler) at the top of key and the two wings like 10 feet away. Makes it very easy to help on drives and very difficult to have open lanes. We also ignore the left side of the court presumably because we don’t have anyone who can dribble with their left hand. We had much better spacing and ball movement early in the year (when Cobb was getting major minutes).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom