I would hire this South Dakota State staff at UConn tonight | The Boneyard

I would hire this South Dakota State staff at UConn tonight

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Anyone else seeing this? BEAUTIFUL play calling

Reaction Score
Can't help and envy the team from SDST. They looked great. Our team, OTOH, looked same old same old. If we get hammered again this season, it is time for a change.
Have to agree. Playing not to lose against a middling FCS squad speaks volumes about the mentality. No fire. No burning desire to go for the throat, just burn clock, slow the game, limit possessions and steal a win. Winners don’t work that way and that’s why his career record is what it is.

Reaction Score
I have thought this for years. We could bring in their team and coaches and be way better off. Why is UCONN so puzzled when it is trying to field a respective football team? SDSU does it.

Reaction Score
If SDSU can field a solid team out of South Dakota, I don't want to hear any excuses we can't have a great team out of Connecticut due to lack of local football talent etc.

It still comes down to coaches. If we win, we will get better kids that will want to come here. Edsall's style might work if you can get superior talent like Alabama. Run all day cause you got much better OL than the other team, but that's not what we got at Uconn. Bend don't break might be fine when you have superior athletes vs. the other team, but that's not what we got. We need a coach that can implement an innovative offense and defense to compensate for lesser talent right now. Edsall 2.0 does not give you much confidence that he will adapt to the modern game.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
You don't have to go to South Dakota to say "why can't we".... temple does it. It's understandable why UConn can't compete for the national title, it's not understandable why they can't be competitive at all.

Reaction Score
Anyone else seeing this? BEAUTIFUL play calling
There are a lot of good and a couple cheap candidates out there, and Dave Benedict knows that. At the end of the season I think Edsall will be privately asked to resign, and if he balks at that he'll be canned. Replacements? Rhett Lashlee, Joe Hyrasmiak, Rob Ambrose, Todd Orlando, Ken Niumatalolo, Lance Leipold.

Reaction Score
There are a lot of good and a couple cheap candidates out there, and Dave Benedict knows that. At the end of the season I think Edsall will be privately asked to resign, and if he balks at that he'll be canned. Replacements? Rhett Lashlee, Joe Hyrasmiak, Rob Ambrose, Todd Orlando, Ken Niumatalolo, Lance Leipold.

There is no doubt we can get a more modern coach that actually run a system that fans can get excited about. Year after year of this on the field is getting pretty old. I am not sure most fans can take another year of 56-7 blowouts we are so accustomed to at this point.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
If they can field a successful team in South Dakota, they can do it in East Hartford, CT.

We are running out of excuses for Benedict and Edsall.

Running out? They've been out of excuses for long time, no one demands better of them.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
People have allowed Edsall to get away with this 5 year plan nonsense from the jump. Another 1-11 season on tap, with 2 more horrific seasons already built in. You would think at some point Edsall would maybe show an ounce of dignity and walk away and leave the state.

Reaction Score

You’re dreaming if you think Rhett and Niumatalolo would come here and I hope you’re kidding about Harasymiak.

Reaction Score
You’re dreaming if you think Rhett and Niumatalolo would come here and I hope you’re kidding about Harasymiak.
Maybe dreaming some with Niumatalolo but don't think so with Lashlee or Harasymiak, if the price is right.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Maybe dreaming some with Niumatalolo but don't think so with Lashlee or Harasymiak, if the price is right.
Lashlee supposedly left UConn because his wife didn't like the Northeast. The Northeast hasn't changed.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
Lashlee supposedly left UConn because his wife didn't like the Northeast. The Northeast hasn't changed.
Maybe she’d like the Northeast better if her husband was making 7 figures lol

Reaction Score

You’d take a career 20-15 HC that abandoned his team to be a positions coach? Lol

Reaction Score
You’d take a career 20-15 HC that abandoned his team to be a positions coach? Lol
In Harasymiak, yes absolutely. I think Lashlee would definitely think about a UConn head coaching job, only thing Benedict would have to sell him on would be the Independent status of the team.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score

Harasymiak didn't exactly take over Clemson when he got the nod at Maine. He got that team to the national semis -- he's a good motivator, a good recruiter, and a good coach.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom