I Wonder What Geno and CD Really Think When They See Promo Pics Like This | The Boneyard

I Wonder What Geno and CD Really Think When They See Promo Pics Like This

Reaction Score
upload_2018-7-25_9-30-51.png

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
"Maya is about steal that ball."

Seriously, it is unreal as fans, I can't imagine what it is like for them. Geno has said in the past that the time to sit back and appreciate will be once it is all over but I have to believe they must have moments when they shake their heads and laugh as they look as they look at all star rosters, or when Dee and Sue are setting records that Maya and Breanna are going to break.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Hard to look at that pic and your chest not swell a little, and the corners of your mouth not turn up just a bit, because you can remember all the days, practices, (the ups and downs of all the on/off court experiences when they were still wide eyed teenagers) and games that led to them getting to that point.

You smile because you know everything it took for them to get there. They made it, they all continue to play the same way, hard. They continue to represent WCBB, UConn, their team, and themselves with class and world class professionalism, and you know you had a little something to do with it. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Geno likes to fend off some questions with the "when its over I'll think about it", but I believe that is dissembling. He's wise enough to enjoy the moment ... every moment. Surely a promo pix like that put's a big old smile on his face.

Reaction Score
In today's world regular people or most HS/College coaches usually never hears the "good news," just their mistakes so when you see a sign of your legacy continuing it brings a giant smile to your face!
Back in the late 1980's/early 1990's I had 11 of my ex-wrestlers from my East Lyme HS teams starting for their college teams! More than the big championship teams in our area. Ten of the 11 were named Captains before they graduated and were very successful! ! At one time four started out of 10 weight-classes at Springfield College!

With the players Geno & CD and staff have had over the 30+ years they must look forward to going to practice to see how their players improve as young adults as well as WBB players!

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
"Maya is about steal that ball."

Seriously, it is unreal as fans, I can't imagine what it is like for them. Geno has said in the past that the time to sit back and appreciate will be once it is all over but I have to believe they must have moments when they shake their heads and laugh as they look as they look at all star rosters, or when Dee and Sue are setting records that Maya and Breanna are going to break.
"Damn, she did that at DePaul, and she's about to do it again."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom