I wish someone would commit... | The Boneyard

I wish someone would commit...

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
The suspense is killing me.
You are going to need to flesh this thought out a bit. Be more specific. We need who, where ,when to satisfy our basketball hunger. Do not be so noncommittal. ;)

Reaction Score
Be careful on your wishes. There are those who suggest I might need to be committed for my love of WCBB.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
We went thru a 3-4 month period where it seemed like it was one after another. In no particular order... Westbrook, Makurat, Muhl, McLean, Gabriel, Poffenbarger and Bueckers (who verbaled on April Fools Day IIRC).

Now it's withdrawals from lack of verbals (verbalitis). I suggest we go back and re-read the threads of each commit - that might be like a nicotine fix for a smoker trying to quit... :p

Reaction Score
It might help to think that this un-publicized visit with her parents was to privately commit while the public announcement will happen after her return to playing, or after her season, like next April/May. The dairy bar visit could have been a sort of toast to the occasion.
Those who would rather fret have my sympathy. ;)

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Everyone should go back and read the thread right after Haley Jones committed to Stanford and Aliyah Boston committed to South Carolina. Everyone was apoplectic and there was good reason to think the cupboard was going to be too bare even for Geno to work his magic. Less than a year later, the Huskies have restocked with Bueckers, Gabriel, Makurat, Muhl, McLean, Poffenbarger and Westbrook, and things are looking very bright! The good news comes in waves and even the best programs have down recruiting years and long stretches in the desert. After all, it'd be essentially impossible to keep 14 top prospects happy, so every team will have either numerically under-recruited cycles or fully recruited cycles with non-top shelf recruits, and UConn is no exception!

Reaction Score
You are going to need to flesh this thought out a bit. Be more specific. We need who, where ,when to satisfy our basketball hunger. Do not be so noncommittal. ;)
I was committed in April. Thankfully, unfortunately for you, I am now free.

Reaction Score
We went thru a 3-4 month period where it seemed like it was one after another. In no particular order... Westbrook, Makurat, Muhl, McLean, Gabriel, Poffenbarger and Bueckers (who verbaled on April Fools Day IIRC).

Now it's withdrawals from lack of verbals (verbalitis). I suggest we go back and re-read the threads of each commit - that might be like a nicotine fix for a smoker trying to quit... :p
Do you have an "inflamed" Verbal? It would appear very tall/talented women HS bb players have Uconn phobia. No amount of therapy will over come that. What we need is those bigs with an affinity for Uconn. I really want those that are crazy for Uconn much like Steff an ONO or Tina.

Reaction Score
Everyone should go back and read the thread right after Haley Jones committed to Stanford and Aliyah Boston committed to South Carolina. Everyone was apoplectic and there was good reason to think the cupboard was going to be too bare even for Geno to work his magic. Less than a year later, the Huskies have restocked with Bueckers, Gabriel, Makurat, Muhl, McLean, Poffenbarger and Westbrook, and things are looking very bright! The good news comes in waves and even the best programs have down recruiting years and long stretches in the desert. After all, it'd be essentially impossible to keep 14 top prospects happy, so every team will have either numerically under-recruited cycles or fully recruited cycles with non-top shelf recruits, and UConn is no exception!
Dear The Farm Fan---That was then, this is now! What has Geno done for us TODAy????

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I haven't really been following UConn's recruiting for this class: how many more are UConn looking for in the 2020 class? Or is the OP just hoping for a 2021 like Fudd.

I thought that spate of recruits in the spring/summer that @EricLA mentioned must have taken care of UConn's 2020 needs.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Starting with Paige in early April, I believe, we got about 5 commits in a 6-week period. That pace obviously was not sustainable. The fact of the matter is that we already have Paige, Nika, Mir, and Piath as commits for 2020. A class of 4 is rather large. I think Aliyah may be the only other 2020 player we have offered. Thus, I don't expect much more action for 2020.

In terms of 2021, we already have Saylor, but only 4 of the HG top 60 have committed. It's too early to expect much action for 2021.

Lawrence needs to be patient. I don't expect many verbals anytime soon. I would be thrilled with 1 or 2 (Aliyah and/or Azzi).

With regard to Azzi, ideally she brought the family this past weekend as a final check, discussed her decision with Tim and Katie, and will come back with her BFF Paige and the other recruits for First Night. However Azzi MAY not announce for a full year. Don't hold your breath. The important part of her decision is choosing UConn, not when she decides or announces.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I haven't really been following UConn's recruiting for this class: how many more are UConn looking for in the 2020 class? Or is the OP just hoping for a 2021 like Fudd.
I thought that spate of recruits in the spring/summer that @EricLA mentioned must have taken care of UConn's 2020 needs.
1571054363590.png

You didn't know UCONN got Paige-aka Azzi's best friend-recently spotted at the UCONN Dairy bar with Geno & CD & her family.

Reaction Score
Everyone should go back and read the thread right after Haley Jones committed to Stanford and Aliyah Boston committed to South Carolina. Everyone was apoplectic and there was good reason to think the cupboard was going to be too bare even for Geno to work his magic. Less than a year later, the Huskies have restocked with Bueckers, Gabriel, Makurat, Muhl, McLean, Poffenbarger and Westbrook, and things are looking very bright! The good news comes in waves and even the best programs have down recruiting years and lostretches in the desert. After all, it'd be essentially impossible to keep 14 top prospects happy, so every team will have either numerically under-recruited cycles or fully recruited cycles with non-top shelf recruits, and UConn is no exception!
Sooooo, Geno got 1 or 2, did he catch the REALLY BIG fish? I haven't seen him pull in any these last 2 0r 3 days---something mighty bad is happening to Uconn---Bad i SAY, BAD!!

Reaction Score
To me, there is only one question right now, and that is whether Westbrook can play. Everything else is distant future.
@tomcat --there you go! Ruining this pity party with the realities of life. In deed the real question remaining going into the ACTUAL season is: Will Westbrook play or not. I'm sure that is the question Geno wants answered his offense could be different with or without her. (I prefer with her)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

UConn is still recruiting Aaliyah Edwards. Just announced that she will be attending First Night. She would appear to be the last target for the class since they seem out on Cardoso.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Starting with Paige in early April, I believe, we got about 5 commits in a 6-week period. That pace obviously was not sustainable. The fact of the matter is that we already have Paige, Nika, Mir, and Piath as commits for 2020. A class of 4 is rather large. I think Aliyah may be the only other 2020 player we have offered. Thus, I don't expect much more action for 2020.

In terms of 2021, we already have Saylor, but only 4 of the HG top 60 have committed. It's too early to expect much action for 2021.

Lawrence needs to be patient. I don't expect many verbals anytime soon. I would be thrilled with 1 or 2 (Aliyah and/or Azzi).

With regard to Azzi, ideally she brought the family this past weekend as a final check, discussed her decision with Tim and Katie, and will come back with her BFF Paige and the other recruits for First Night. However Azzi MAY not announce for a full year. Don't hold your breath. The important part of her decision is choosing UConn, not when she decides or announces.
I read that Fudd will not be attending on First Night. Read it on the BY recently.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I read that Fudd will not be attending on First Night. Read it on the BY recently.
What I read was that Azzi and her parents were seen at the Diary Bar with Geno and CD last Saturday. People infer that Azzi will not come back only one week later. That may make sense, but it's not a definitive, "She's not coming." Let's look at the group of visitors. I'm hoping to see the cute pig-tailed girl from Falls Church with the world-class shot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom