I watchd Donald Thomas for a complete quarter against Miami | The Boneyard

I watchd Donald Thomas for a complete quarter against Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just focused on him every play. He never made a mistake. If New England doesn't pay him, he will make a lot of money somewhere. He was equally perfect in run and pass blocking. He just never missed an assignment, opened holes, got downfield and kept his man away from Brady.

He is really, really good.

Reaction Score
Just focused on him every play. He never made a mistake. If New England doesn't pay him, he will make a lot of money somewhere. He was equally perfect in run and pass blocking. He just never missed an assignment, opened holes, got downfield and kept his man away from Brady.

Yes, and now to stay injury free........Good luck to DT.......

Reaction Score
Brady is 35 years old. Now is not the time to develop offensive linemen. It seems they managed to keep their best offensive linemen, anyway.

Reaction Score

Kind of funny, I saw one play in the game and he got called for a penalty.

Reaction Score
Brady is 35 years old. Now is not the time to develop offensive linemen. It seems they managed to keep their best offensive linemen, anyway.

Really?

They have new ones in front of Brady this year.

Mankins has been out a lot, Connolly starting for the first time at RG, but he's been hurt, replaced by McDonald. Solder is starting for the first time ever at LT, replacing Matt Light. Vollmer has played well at RT but has shared time both this year and last last with Marcus Cannon. Brian Waters and Light retired. So... lots of new guys.

Reaction Score
Really?

They have new ones in front of Brady this year.

Mankins has been out a lot, Connolly starting for the first time at RG, but he's been hurt, replaced by McDonald. Solder is starting for the first time ever at LT, replacing Matt Light. Vollmer has played well at RT but has shared time both this year and last last with Marcus Cannon. Brian Waters and Light retired. So... lots of new guys.
I am sorry I don't follow rosters as closely as you do. You sure like to argue, huh? What percentage of your posts were arguing about Sandusky and Penn State?

Reaction Score
I am sorry I don't follow rosters as closely as you do. You sure like to argue, huh? What percentage of your posts were arguing about Sandusky and Penn State?

I love how stating a fact is now considered an argument.

yes, it's true, the Patriots have a bunch of new guys up front, but in the spirit of Xmas, I don't want to get into an argument. so, they actually have a bunch of old guys up front.

As for Sandusky, does anyone here disagree with me that the program should have been shut down for a year and that Sandusky is a pedophile and that Paterno should have done a helluva lot more? Or should I reverse that too to make you feel better?

Reaction Score
Thomas has had a couple good games recently, but to be fair, he has had some mediocre/bad games too. I watched him play a few weeks ago and he had a penalty and let up a terrible sack in a 1x1 matchup with 2 series.

The Pats love Dan Connolly and Mankins is an All Pro. When those guys are healthy, Thomas is their #3 guard. They haven't been healthy, hence his playing time. One thing that may be in his favor is that Connolly can play Center. So that may be a future option opening a starting G spot. But a big pay day he will not be getting with the Pats or in FA.

Reaction Score

I only saw a couple of plays, but interestingly, one of them I tried to watch him and he drove his man back almost 10yds on a running play. It really was impressive.

Reaction Score
I love how stating a fact is now considered an argument.

yes, it's true, the Patriots have a bunch of new guys up front, but in the spirit of Xmas, I don't want to get into an argument. so, they actually have a bunch of old guys up front.

As for Sandusky, does anyone here disagree with me that the program should have been shut down for a year and that Sandusky is a pedophile and that Paterno should have done a helluva lot more? Or should I reverse that too to make you feel better?
More than a year. You kidding? They have the power to be back in operation at will.

Reaction Score
More than a year. You kidding? They have the power to be back in operation at will.

Just what do you think the death penalty is?

Don't be so thin-skinned.

Reaction Score
Thomas has had a couple good games recently, but to be fair, he has had some mediocre/bad games too. I watched him play a few weeks ago and he had a penalty and let up a terrible sack in a 1x1 matchup with 2 series.

The Pats love Dan Connolly and Mankins is an All Pro. When those guys are healthy, Thomas is their #3 guard. They haven't been healthy, hence his playing time. One thing that may be in his favor is that Connolly can play Center. So that may be a future option opening a starting G spot. But a big pay day he will not be getting with the Pats or in FA.

Donald Thomas has filled in well at LG, but looked horrible at RG against Arizona. Although I think he will find a spot on the 53 man roster for the next 2-4 years, I would be surprised if he get a big payday. He's having a nice career as a journeyman OL.

Reaction Score
Donald Thomas has filled in well at LG, but looked horrible at RG against Arizona. Although I think he will find a spot on the 53 man roster for the next 2-4 years, I would be surprised if he get a big payday. He's having a nice career as a journeyman OL.

DT's always had an issue with switchign the footwork to mirror each side without a lot of practice time, which doesnt' make him a very versatile lineman for the NFL, and has contributed to his bouncing around the league, because you only get 45 guys on game day in the NFL and you need linemen that can play both sides of the line, if you've got a lineman that can't move right to left , or left to right as needed for injuries, it can become a liability. What DT's got though, is very quick feet, and burst, from playing hoops, and a ton of power in his body. If he gets his hands on you, and has leverage with his feet down, he can move anybody in the league in both run and pass blocks, and does it with a lot force, and that ability has, and will keep him in the league for a while.

Reaction Score
DT's always had an issue with switchign the footwork to mirror each side without a lot of practice time, which doesnt' make him a very versatile lineman for the NFL, and has contributed to his bouncing around the league, because you only get 45 guys on game day in the NFL and you need linemen that can play both sides of the line, if you've got a lineman that can't move right to left , or left to right as needed for injuries, it can become a liability. What DT's got though, is very quick feet, and burst, from playing hoops, and a ton of power in his body. If he gets his hands on you, and has leverage with his feet down, he can move anybody in the league in both run and pass blocks, and does it with a lot force, and that ability has, and will keep him in the league for a while.

I believe Donald would be a better OC than RG. RG is just not natural for him. I know the Pats had him take snaps at OC, that is his obvious secondary position.

He still has a heavy punch and great feet. It also looks like he understands the playbook which is critical. I think he is headed for a very good payday.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

There was an article linked on here about a month ago regarding Thomas having to adapt to LG or RG. He said it wasn't until this year that he finally feels comfortable switching.

With his late start in football he said it took him time to learn all of the RG nuances. Then he got to the NFL and had to learn the other side. It may not sound like much to us novices, but at the NFL when there's zero room for hesitation or imbalance it's critical.

If he stays healthy, he has another 4-6 years in the league at a minimum.

Reaction Score
Just what do you think the death penalty is?

Don't be so thin-skinned.
The most appropriate penalty would be death for Sandusky. Is that thin-skinned?

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I read a few articles where they talk about liking his versatility and felt that if push came to shove he could fill in at tackle... plus they've used him as a FB in short yardage situations. Apparently there was one short yardage play last year where he was supposed to get the ball but it was blown dead.

Reaction Score
if DT was at UConn this year he would be branded as 'lacking talent' . . . . .same for those other five All-Big East lineman Mike Foley magically produced

Reaction Score
if DT was at UConn this year he would be branded as 'lacking talent' . . . . .same for those other five All-Big East lineman Mike Foley magically produced

No - if DT was @ UConn this year we would have put an offensive player on the All BE first team (maybe more). Let it go man, let it go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom