I was wondering if anyone knows what 2021 prospects have a UConn offer | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I was wondering if anyone knows what 2021 prospects have a UConn offer

Reaction Score
Agreed. Geno doesn't play enough of his bench and UConn has already recruited too much talent that will be aiming to start or be first off the bench. With his haul over the past year, I'd say Fudd and maybe one more wing/stretch-4 type player would round the team out really nicely. Otherwise a full house.

Too late for that. We already have 2 commits for next year. With Fudd still a possibility.

Reaction Score
Can you imagine Andy Landers at halftime trying to pronounce all those names?
He STILL can't manage Olivia Nelson-Ododa... especially the Ododa part. I've reached out to ESPN twice and they said they will tell their on air operations people, and to Rebecca Lobo via Instagram asking her to have a training session with Andy. He probably thinks it's "Southern" and "Folksy"...to me it's very unprofessional.

Reaction Score
I don't know if I agree with that. Maybe @Charliebball is rubbing off on me but somehow the UCONN roster/rotation seems to be self correcting by transfers, injuries, early WNBA entry or outright recruiting mis-hits. As long as the kids are talented & willing to come, UCONN should welcome them. It is a given that they are not all going to work out and remain happy so I would rather take in larger numbers.

now that's a scary thought!! I'm not good at keeping track of when players become available for pro ball but I do think that Westbrook could leave after one year on the court and that there is no guarantee that the two European players won't leave early too. As ND is finding out, life with a short bench can be miserable.............today you have to actively recruit a couple of good extra players to cover all the possibilities................a 12-13 player roster seems to be about right...................hopefully if they are practicing well, Geno gives in just a little a plays his bench a bit more to keep everybody involved

Reaction Score
Saniya Rivers also lists UConn as her considering.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

It not just Saniya. To me the more "intriguing" one is Payton.
1576207746493.png

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
I think sometimes Geno occasionally provides hints about his plans. After the ND game, he talked about how not only did ND lose all of its starters but also had transfers and injuries. I think he wants to protect himself from being in the situation that Muffet is in. Transfers are almost a foregone conclusion.

Plus, he had to scramble last year after Jones and Boston went elsewhere.

I don't know how much he is going to expand his roster but my guess is that it is more than what we are used to seeing.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score

Here is her quote about UConn; "I used to be a UConn fan," said Rivers, who lists biology as her favorite class. "But now all I can think of is that I want to beat UConn."

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Maybe I was confused - I thought huskynut was saying it was highly likely we'd land all of those 5. The only ones we have are Poffenbarger and DeBerry - a great start. Lots of recruiting left on Fudd, and I have no idea how likely any of the others are with regards to choosing UCONN.

Eric - I took the original list by Coco and used his definite and highly likely. I researched and added the present rankings. I stopped at 5 given next year's 5 incoming frosh.

I believe Fudd will come. Seems the "chemistry" between her and Paige is too strong to ignore. And you are correct, those 3 would be a very good class. I still think Duchame will commit.

If we get three or four or all five, the cry of "UConn is bad for women's basketball" will be heard loud and clear.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
If we get three or four or all five, the cry of "UConn is bad for women's basketball" will be heard loud and clear (once again)
Fixed that sentence for you.

Reaction Score
Here is her quote about UConn; "I used to be a UConn fan," said Rivers, who lists biology as her favorite class. "But now all I can think of is that I want to beat UConn."

Didn’t CW say something like this... Then she took her visit and the rat is history

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Didn’t CW say something like this... Then she took her visit and the rat is history

The Rivers quote came from an article in early June. By July UConn was watching her AAU outings and she was putting them on her final 12 school list.

Reaction Score
As much as I (we) would love to see all of these talented young ladies choose to wear the Uconn uniform that is precisely why we won't. Some of them will make their decisions on the realization that they may wind up being the "little fish in the big pond" after being Number One on their teams for the past few years and perhaps making a choice that would enable them to continue in that mode.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom