I want to punch GOTTLIEB in the mouth | The Boneyard

I want to punch GOTTLIEB in the mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I just watched the game this morning, essentially every comment on him was a dig at UCONN,

"too much one side of the court", "young team can't close", "worst championship game ever", blah blah blah, too many to recount

You can feel his dislike for UCONN, even when there was a decent block by Harvard down 14 with 30 seconds left, he got excited, he's a joke, and as Bart Scott says "CAN'T WAIT" to this team gets better and keeps winning

Which I think will come down to three things:
1) Shabazz being a point guard and not Kemba
2) Drummond's offensive game continuing to develop by March
3) Aggressive play between D'Andre, Roscoe, AO

Those three things transpire, this team will be there at the end Dougie not so fresh can suck it!

Reaction Score
You're being too sensitive. Not every one will be drooling over UConn, its just the way of the world.

I surely don't want 10 Vitale types.

Reaction Score
Agreed...but try to ignore him most of the time...i sensed a little more 'pro harvard' than anti Uconn...

1) Shabazz being a point guard and not Kemba - agreed...sometimes he tries to do too much...but he has a lot of upside, and a scoring PG makes it really hard to defend us, but he has to make better decisions.
2) Drummond's offensive game continuing to develop by March - either AD or AO need to give us a low post scoring option, or we could struggle against teams that can match up with us athletically on the perimeter
3) Aggressive play between D'Andre, Roscoe, AO - need them to play more consistently. Effort is there, results not yet...
4) Need someone to be 'the man'...still waiting for JL to take over when a team makes a 8-0 run...Kemba always seemed to know when to 'stop a run'

We'll get better...team seems to be moving in right direction...chemistry and 'roles' still work in progress

Reaction Score
Sorry, I like unbiased announcers, don't want a Vitale type either, but it's well documented that he has picked against UCONN essentially every chance he can get, from BUCKNELL to BUTLER.

Last night he became almost unbearable at times, every possession UCONN is doing something wrong, and Harvard is sticking around. The game was never in doubt, and UCONN controlled it from the tip

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
You're being too sensitive. Not every one will be drooling over UConn, its just the way of the world.

I surely don't want 10 Vitale types.
Actually I found him to be dry and whiney as a color guy. He shouldn't give up his day job in the studio. Thats where he belongs.

Reaction Score
I just watched the game this morning, essentially every comment on him was a dig at UCONN,

"too much one side of the court", "young team can't close", "worst championship game ever", blah blah blah, too many to recount

You can feel his dislike for UCONN, even when there was a decent block by Harvard down 14 with 30 seconds left, he got excited, he's a joke, and as Bart Scott says "CAN'T WAIT" to this team gets better and keeps winning

Those three things transpire, this team will be there at the end Dougie not so fresh can suck it!
The fanbase of every team in America thinks that he hates their team. He says controversial things about everyone. If you think he hates Uconn, then he hates everybody.

If you're going to criticize him, do it based on his proclamation in 2010 that Roscoe Smith should decommit fromUconn, which is completely out of line. He also did a pretty lousy job of explaning Boatright's suspension last night.

But his comments about "too much one side of the court" and "young team not closing out games" are not inaccurate. It's more criticism than you're going to get from most color guys, but it's not inaccurate.

Reaction Score
The fanbase of every team in America thinks that he hates their team. He says controversial things about everyone. If you think he hates Uconn, then he hates everybody.

If you're going to criticize him, do it based on his proclamation in 2010 that Roscoe Smith should decommit fromUconn, which is completely out of line. He also did a pretty lousy job of explaning Boatright's suspension last night.

But his comments about "too much one side of the court" and "young team not closing out games" are not inaccurate. It's more criticism than you're going to get from most color guys, but it's not inaccurate.

He's the new Billy Packer. Everybody except Wake Forest fans thought he hated them based on his commentary.

Reaction Score
Sorry, I like unbiased announcers, don't want a Vitale type either, but it's well documented that he has picked against UCONN essentially every chance he can get, from BUCKNELL to BUTLER.

Last night he became almost unbearable at times, every possession UCONN is doing something wrong, and Harvard is sticking around. The game was never in doubt, and UCONN controlled it from the tip

I hear you and agree but sometimes announcers (if you let them) can take away from the enjoyment of the game. That's all.
It took me many years to watch a Vitale called game and be able to ignore him.

Reaction Score
Both ESPN announcers last night were just dying for Harvard to make it game....They only said it like 50 times...

Reaction Score
At one point, the play-by-play guy was highly complimentary of a Lamb basket. Asked Gottleib if there's anyone smoother than Lamb. There was 5 to 10 seconds of on air silence. Gottleib then says, "You need to ask? Is that a rhetorical question?"

What a doofus. Even if it is right down the middle, you're an announcer. Hit the freaking thing!!

The good part of that Gottleib was a hater during the entire postseason last year.

The bad thing is that last year's game has entered conventional wisdom as being awful even though UConn's shooting troubles in the first half were the result of people sitting with 2 fouls (our starting lineup!) for long periods. UConn shot 45-50% in the second half.

H

huskymagic

Although I do share your dislike for Doug Gottlieb especially for his digs at UConn for the past couple years including telling Roscoe to reconsider his commitment to UConn. He was fair and spot on yesterday about almost everything. He didn't say anything bad about anyone except maybe about Napier who he said dribbles too much and cant beat his guy to the basket even with a screen which does have soem merit to it. Gottlieb was more than fair to UConn last night and he has picked UConn has his number 1 and favorite to win it all this year which he never does lol.

Reaction Score
Although I do share your dislike for Doug Gottlieb especially for his digs at UConn for the past couple years including telling Roscoe to reconsider his commitment to UConn. He was fair and spot on yesterday about almost everything. He didn't say anything bad about anyone except maybe about Napier who he said dribbles too much and cant beat his guy to the basket even with a screen which does have soem merit to it. Gottlieb was more than fair to UConn last night and he has picked UConn has his number 1 and favorite to win it all this year which he never does lol.

You are being sucked in.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
He picked UConn to win the National Championship.

What the hell more do you want?

Reaction Score

He has us ranked #1 in the country and picked Uconn to win and cover last night.

Listen to the latest podcast on ESPN where he defends UConn being as good as UNC and UK.

Stop crying and be realistic. Do some research and stop embarrassing yourself.

Reaction Score
He picked UConn to win the National Championship.

What the hell more do you want?

Someone people just like to cry when things are not perfect. Maybe the poster did not get enough attention as a child.

Reaction Score
The guy loves our team, and picked us number 1. He also has the best show on ESPN radio and doesnt hesitate to talk about Cowherd, which is funny. He's not Raf or Bilas, but I thought he did alright last night. These threads get old.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Caring about Gottlieb criticizing UConn is like caring about a 3 year old criticizing your doctoral dissertation. Or Justin Beiber criticizing a song you wrote.

Waste of mental energy.

He was raving about AD though.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
We don't ask for much. Just let Bilas and Raftery do all our games and we'll be all set. :)

Raf is the fukin MAN! I wish they would show his face when he does those random little screams. I've never seen the facial expressions he goes in to when he goes:

ONIONS, BY THE LITTLE GUY

nice little kissssss off the glass

with a little cuuuurl

Reaction Score
He was somewhat complimentary of Drummond. AD does a good a good job not getting off the ground when defending the middle. Gotleib was on target when he said we need a leader. With Boat coming off the bench it's either got to be Lamb or Bazz. Bazz leads by his actions, again Gotleib said more than once, when the ball is on the floor, Bazz is the only one diving. Enough praise for Gotleib, he is a jerk. I had to shut the sound off to enjoy the game. We still do not get out on the 3.

H

huskymagic

You are being sucked in.

Be realistic about it and stop whining about gottlieb. He has said we are the best team in the country better than UNC and UK what more do you want out of the guy. Past prejudices of Gottlieb is justified, but this year is a different matter.

Reaction Score
Be realistic about it and stop whining about gottlieb. He has said we are the best team in the country better than UNC and UK what more do you want out of the guy. Past prejudices of Gottlieb is justified, but this year is a different matter.

You have been sucked in.

Reaction Score
What's worse than people bagging on Gottleib? The people whining that people are bagging on Gottleib.

Reaction Score
Yeah no kidding Upstater (btw Upstate NY here)

I'd much rather bag on Gottlieb being a dick than the players on the squad, or talk about the ongoing nonsense with Syracuse. Maybe you internet tough guys should lighten up and accept that this is a message board, and we all have a passion for UCONN. If I was like most of you, I'd search for your posts and bag on you for a bit, but sorry I'm a big boy.

Man, some of you are s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul