I want CCSU, URI and EO Smith in the league | The Boneyard

I want CCSU, URI and EO Smith in the league

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I mean wtf. I wake up everyday, open the BY hoping for good news, and instead I'm staring at actual UConn fans longing for the weakest team in FBS to be added. Not to mention the school has no money, no facilities, no political backing, and no history of doing anything right.

So if we're going to go all-in on stupidity, I might as well have a shot at starting my day off right. CCSU is a natural rival, playing in the metro area of New Britain. It would open up a whole new demographic of league fans, akin to WVU fans, but with a latin/polish bent. As a plus, I hear that it will have the gold standard of public transportation soon. While they don't have a football stadium, I don't know if that is that big of a deal nowadays.

Same attributes of CCSU are found in URI, except fans of UConn living on Long Island can come by boat, tailgate with crime syndicate families and assorted fisherman ...imagine bolognese and paella.

Now EO Smith will be a project, but it has a great history with UConn, away games would be manageable travel-wise (makes you wonder WTF was Marinatto thinking getting SDSU and Boise with EO Smith available) and let's not forget its impact on the Mansfield tv mark.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Eh they already added the weakest FBS team, but they have a new scoreboard so it's all good.

Hope you like filling out insurance forms for when your car gets broken into at the Liberty Bowl.

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
I don't know, E.O. has a pretty good deal with Charter Public Access 14. They might scoff at the ESPN contract.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I agree completely. We should hold out for USC, Texas and Notre Dame. That is a great plan.

Reaction Score
The cool thing is, sometimes the best move to make is not to make a move. The do nothing move beats adding bodies just to add. Unless you're pining for that tuesday night championshop game on ESPN 14, at which point all I can say, at least nonverbally, is to hang my head and envelope it in my hands.

I agree completely. We should hold out for USC, Texas and Notre Dame. That is a great plan.

Reaction Score
Lets add ODU and Georgia Southern. DEMOGRAPHICS. GROWTH.

I mean wtf. I wake up everyday, open the BY hoping for good news, and instead I'm staring at actual UConn fans longing for the weakest team in FBS to be added. Not to mention the school has no money, no facilities, no political backing, and no history of doing anything right.

So if we're going to go all-in on stupidity, I might as well have a shot at starting my day off right. CCSU is a natural rival, playing in the metro area of New Britain. It would open up a whole new demographic of league fans, akin to WVU fans, but with a latin/polish bent. As a plus, I hear that it will have the gold standard of public transportation soon. While they don't have a football stadium, I don't know if that is that big of a deal nowadays.

Same attributes of CCSU are found in URI, except fans of UConn living on Long Island can come by boat, tailgate with crime syndicate families and assorted fisherman ...imagine bolognese and paella.

Now EO Smith will be a project, but it has a great history with UConn, away games would be manageable travel-wise (makes you wonder WTF was Marinatto thinking getting SDSU and Boise with EO Smith available) and let's not forget its impact on the Mansfield tv mark.

Reaction Score

The only option is to go independent in football and join the schools that UConn has been playing for years in everything else by going to the C7. You people that are football only fans don't understand anything, you that think the new whatever conference they are currently in is the better option are insane. Ticket sales are going to plummet - fans interest? Gone. It's easy to see. But oh no, BYU is a terrible game. So is Notre Dame. Hawaii? Please... We can't play New Mexico St! No way we can keep scheduling a Tennessee or Michigan game because we aren't part of a conference! You know what that is? Crying. Bickering because someone in the athletic department will actually have to work to put a schedule together. It can be done - quite easily actually, especially when the AD at UConn has numerous contacts at schools the ilk of Arkansas, UNC, Georgia Tech, Michigan. Whoops - did I just release the future OOC opponents should we stay in this God forsaken conference?

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
The only option is to go independent in football and join the schools that UConn has been playing for years in everything else by going to the C7. You people that are football only fans don't understand anything, you that think the new whatever conference they are currently in is the better option are insane. Ticket sales are going to plummet - fans interest? Gone. It's easy to see. But oh no, BYU is a terrible game. So is Notre Dame. Hawaii? Please... We can't play New Mexico St! No way we can keep scheduling a Tennessee or Michigan game because we aren't part of a conference! You know what that is? Crying. Bickering because someone in the athletic department will actually have to work to put a schedule together. It can be done - quite easily actually, especially when the AD at UConn has numerous contacts at schools the ilk of Arkansas, UNC, Georgia Tech, Michigan. Whoops - did I just release the future OOC opponents should we stay in this God forsaken conference?

You're right- 115 other programs out of 120 are making a huge mistake by not being independent. Clearly you know something all of them don't.

Reaction Score
You're right- 115 other programs out of 120 are making a huge mistake by not being independent. Clearly you know something all of them don't.
And only 2 are doing it by choice. A more likely scenario is we end up playing New Mexico State, Army and Idaho regularly. Oh the excitement of Pocatello in November!

Reaction Score

One has nothing to do with the other. ACC, BIG, SEC, Pac-12 and Big XII schools obviously don't want to be independent because they are in conferences with legit schools. UConn and Cincinnati on the other hand are stuck with Memphis, Tulane, Houston and SMU to name a few as their big draws come football season in 2 years. So yes, for UConn and Cincinnati, compared to where they've been in the past in the Big East, independence is the better option. Not rocket science why Alabama and Florida and Vanderbilt aren't pining for independence. They are affiliated with each other and have a conference schedule that actually interests their fans and is great competition. UConn, where they currently sit, have neither in 2 years, in any sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom