I think we're turning the corner

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Oy....I know you’re kidding, but oy.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
That was brutal. No way around it. We're several years away from playing competitive football games again.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I hate to say it, but the folks that say we should drop down are starting to sound like Nostradamus.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
With 40 seconds left in the first half, we're down 14-7. But we're on the Cincy 20 yard line. Then we miss a wide open receiver in the end zone and a medium range field goal. It should have been 14-14 or 14-10 at the half.

I understand the second half was an embarrassment. The first half was fairly competitive; when is the last time we saw that?

Glacial progress.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Anybody who thinks that there is immediate pressure on Randy to win and save our skin in conference realignment should just relax. It will take him 5 years to get us to a 7 or 8 win program. At that point the P5 will probably downsize to the top 48 football programs.

Reaction Score
With 40 seconds left in the first half, we're down 14-7. But we're on the Cincy 20 yard line. Then we miss a wide open receiver in the end zone and a medium range field goal. It should have been 14-14 or 14-10 at the half.

I understand the second half was an embarrassment. The first half was fairly competitive; when is the last time we saw that?

Glacial progress.

Even watching the first half it was obvious that at all times we are a handful of plays away from an onslaught. It never felt tight to me. To get stops we had to rely on the opponent literally giving us the ball or committing penalties.

Outside of 2 plays for McLean our best offense was pass interferences. Incapable of running the ball. Pindell tried hand the ball to the Cinci DE on that delayed screen to Scott. He had a few complete panic throws under pressure that were lucky not to be picked. I have seen people say we held our own or even outplayed Cinci in the 1st half but we were just lucky to be in it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Anybody who thinks that there is immediate pressure on Randy to win and save our skin in conference realignment should just relax. It will take him 5 years to get us to a 7 or 8 win program. At that point the P5 will probably downsize to the top 48 football programs.
Yeah P5 dream is dead for us. It died the day we were passed over for Louisville. The question is, now what?

Reaction Score
Yeah P5 dream is dead for us. It died the day we were passed over for Louisville. The question is, now what?
My first game this year, Cincinnati is well stocked with the big uglies. We sat behind their bench and saw their Fr and So OL players standing and waiting to get in. They were huge. We won't be able to compete with them fpr years to come. If I understand it right their Starting QB was a Fr from Louisville. On top of that we had no one to stop a pass coming out to the flat. You knew it was coming and they still got 8 to 15 anytime they wanted. In the third Quarter they had a 3rd and 9 and I said to my friend even if they get nothing they will go for 4th and 9 with a better than 75% chance of making it. Turns out they got 6 on the third and got 8 on the 4th down. We were boys against men today. If they could have stopped some of the passes to the flat but they gave them up at an alarming pace. Left at the end of the 3rd quarter had enough, UCONN BAND was great. GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
I think we tread water until the next reorganization of football divisions. There will be an upper, middle and lower division 1 level. Just my opinion.
I think we have to wait, too, but I think our ultimate destination is dropping football completely. I wouldn't mind being put out of our misery at this point.

Reaction Score
An Old refrain showed up in one of the Courant articles this week.
It was Edsall telling us again that at UConn we can’t get kids other schools because of academics requirements at UConn.

If this is still true we should just close up shop. Either get real about what it takes to be successful or stop wasting everybodies time. We are not Stanford or Notre Dame.
We should take every kid that anybody else in our league would. Would should look at more JUCO and transfers. I clearly do not want rapist and killers( they can still go to Louisville) We have to many disadvantages in football to think we can be successful without taking chances particularly with what is at stake right now.

Reaction Score
An Old refrain showed up in one of the Courant articles this week.
It was Edsall telling us again that at UConn we can’t get kids other schools because of academics requirements at UConn.

If this is still true we should just close up shop. Either get real about what it takes to be successful or stop wasting everybodies time. We are not Stanford or Notre Dame.
We should take every kid that anybody else in our league would. Would should look at more JUCO and transfers. I clearly do not want rapist and killers( they can still go to Louisville) We have to many disadvantages in football to think we can be successful without taking chances particularly with what is at stake right now.
I've always wondered who makes that decision. Is it the President? The Board? The head of Admissions?

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

The basketball "back to the Big Easters" will finally get their wish, sort of. We will be one of the 300 or so NCAA DI programs that get dropped down into a lesser level, like all the other NBE teams, or we sit by and watch the P5 split from the NCAA, forming their own governing body, and we are left behind along with 300 other mid to low majors. Either way, we cease to play major college athletics.

Reaction Score
I've always wondered who makes that decision. Is it the President? The Board? The head of Admissions?

Me too Mick. It has to be addressed. If you have 15-20 kids(risky)spread out over 4 classes that can have an impact with speed and skill you can still develope a good culture around them.
snow with the extra revenue from ticket sales (presumable we win more)you can have more tutors and supportto keep an eye on them.

What we are doing now is just stupid as hell. Can’t win this way. Just can’t
Not the way we need to and time is running out

Reaction Score
How or why on earth would - if the P5 hypothetically split off - would we be anywhere near a list to be taken on if it’s a football based decision?

8 years ago, that was a legitimate question. Now, it’s not even in the realm of consideration. There’s literally no reason to keep doing this. None. Continuing is just vanity or stubbornness.

Literally the only hope is hoops to the NBE and hope for the best. That’s it.

Reaction Score
We all must face reality. The recruits that have been at the home games will never come to UCONN if they have options. The program has fallen apart with much of the Athletic Department. The AD will be gone if he can go back to the SEC. Everyone knows he is looking. No different than when Manual left. The head of the Foundation quit as did the president. She was good for academics at best but listened to the wrong people about athletics. the collapse was on her watch .

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Until the number of touchdowns we score stops equaling the number of punts we force on defense, this is a pointless discussion. We don't play defense at all. Chairs would defend better.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom