I think we play to the level of our competition | The Boneyard

I think we play to the level of our competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
if we don't play with energy, we don't have a physical advantage that would still enable us to blow people out

and every school we play brings energy

I have a hunch we'll see the team we saw beat MSU when we play NCST in MSG

Reaction Score
I was thinking the same thing this morning. Especially Bazz will play the WHOLE game and on defense I think we will see the on-ball pressure we saw Vs. MSU!!

lets hope we are right!

Reaction Score
During the past two games we have lost every 50/50 ball. My biggest issue during these past two has been ball watching. Someone might make a good defensive play, and everyone else will watch and hope the ball comes to them. Our guys aren't getting on the floor for loose balls either.

That is an effort problem and I wholeheartedly agree we play to the level of our competition. The sense of urgency was there against MSU, Wake and when Q and NM had us dead to rights. Otherwise, this team is coasting. I think MSG 9pm, national stage, chance to gain a huge win for KO, these kids will be ready to play. Who knows if any of this translates into points on the board, but I'd be surprised if they tried to coast Tuesday.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
During the past two games we have lost every 50/50 ball. My biggest issue during these past two has been ball watching. Someone might make a good defensive play, and everyone else will watch and hope the ball comes to them. Our guys aren't getting on the floor for loose balls either.

That is an effort problem and I wholeheartedly agree we play to the level of our competition. The sense of urgency was there against MSU, Wake and when Q and NM had us dead to rights. Otherwise, this team is coasting. I think MSG 9pm, national stage, chance to gain a huge win for KO, these kids will be ready to play. Who knows if any of this translates into points on the board, but I'd be surprised if they tried to coast Tuesday.
I'm not sure if its a lack of effort or whether the guys are still trying to figure thing out. If you're still trying to remember where you should be going as opposed to automatically figuring things out you're distracted by the cognitive process.

Reaction Score
I don't think this issue pertains to guys being "lost" out there. That is represented in the lack of offensive execution this past two weeks. MSU didn't know what to expect from UConn's offense and now teams are taking away what we're trying to do. Last night TO lost the ball off his finger tips, instead of trying to retrieve it, he watched it bounce once in bounds and then bounce out. No effort on his part to get it back. He looked disgusted with himself, as anyone in that situation would look, but his mood inhibited his desire to react to the play. Boat had a nice deflection in the second half that could have led to a turnover, but his teammates just watched him try to do it all. I haven't rewatched the game yet, I was one of the 8,000 who showed, but those two plays got me thinking this team wasn't taking UNH seriously enough to give it their all.

Reaction Score
Sorry, but we're not going to be a very good team. IMO. I don't think we've got much talent at all in the front court and it's going to get worse as BE play starts. The Michigan State game was an abberation.

When you consider that we're forced to play Deandre at the 4, when he's barely strong enough to play the 3. In fact, last year he couldn't get minutes primarily because he wasn't strong enough. And he was a SF last year. Tyler is a nice complimentary player, but his one advantage is that he can shoot mid-range. Unfortunately, we need him under the basket, and he too is not strong enough for his role.

Our only strength is in the backcourt and teams are going to take that away, knowing we have no inside game. We lost way too much from last year. This season is not going to go well, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom