I think I saw a Ferrari today | The Boneyard

I think I saw a Ferrari today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Today was a kick in the nut$ on a few levels (no bid for us, AAC getting shafted) but I do feel like we have seen what RP is capable of when this is his team next year and have something to look forward to. Thinking of RP and DHam next year makes me feel good. If we can get Brimmah to learn the words "box out" and "rebound" in one of the seven languages he can speak , and get some growth out of Lubin and Facey plus weave in Adams and Enoch the we at least have some pieces to work with. Omar may surprise as an outside shooter. We need anoth big tho

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I said in the chatroom today that he is more of a Lamborghini than a Ferrari. Not just the bull vs the stallion but a Lambo is much more tempermental to drive than a ferrari. Lambo's are a blast but are utterly frightening at the cars' limits. Ferrari's invite you to push the car to its limits, Lambo's dare you to push it.

Ferraris are the Beatles, Lamborghini's are the Rolling Stones. Purvis' game will always have warts but when he is clicking it's a sight to see and a game that can't be stopped. It took most of this year to see it. And, as an oh by the way, he played his best against the top competition.

The Purvis that played the last 15 games (including the stinker against Memphis) will be fun to watch the next two years. I still think he thinks too much on the court rather than playing instinctually.

Reaction Score
Today was a kick in the nut$ on a few levels (no bid for us, AAC getting shafted) but I do feel like we have seen what RP is capable of when this is his team next year and have something to look forward to. Thinking of RP and DHam next year makes me feel good. If we can get Brimmah to learn the words "box out" and "rebound" in one of the seven languages he can speak , and get some growth out of Lubin and Facey plus weave in Adams and Enoch the we at least have some pieces to work with. Omar may surprise as an outside shooter. We need anoth big tho
I realize i am definitely in the minority, but i don't see needing a big as a huge necessity. We will have a deep front court next year with KF, AB, PN, Rock, Enoch and DHam occasionally stepping in. Obviously, getting someone the caliber of Stone would be A-mazing, but another solid ball handler is definitely a more pressing need in my opinion.

Reaction Score
Kudos to RP. His game has steadily improved over the course of this season. I believe this portends for good things. not only in the NIT, but also for next season.

Yup, and the improvement's been in all facets of his game. His defense was excellent this tournament, he's become much more active around the glass, and he's much more comfortable receiving and passing than he was earlier in the year.

Reaction Score
Would love another big for depth and boards. If Brimah is going to jump out of his shoes trying to block everything then We need another capable big to rebound (like when we had Hash and Adrien). I want an animal on the boards and not really sure Lubin or Facey can be that. But another great ball handler would always be welcome.

Reaction Score
I said in the chatroom today that he is more of a Lamborghini than a Ferrari. Not just the bull vs the stallion but a Lambo is much more tempermental to drive than a ferrari. Lambo's are a blast but are utterly frightening at the cars' limits. Ferrari's invite you to push the car to its limits, Lambo's dare you to push it.

Ferraris are the Beatles, Lamborghini's are the Rolling Stones.

after writing such exciting descriptions. I'm curious. Have you driven both cars?

I wish I did...

Reaction Score
Purvis nearly single handedly got us back in that game. If that's a peek at what we're going see next year out of him, things look just a little brighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom