I think Gandy is going to be really Good | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I think Gandy is going to be really Good

Reaction Score
At this point you are all making a meaningless point just to try and make a point. Gandy has shown zero ability to shoot a jump shot. Show me one highlight where she is further than 9 feet from the basket. So to all your arguments - good! Let's bring in Gandy and have her start shooting 16 to 19 footers to the tune of 15% shooting. My point is she will be an effective by the basket player. What point are any of you trying to make?
Huh? All the original post said was that Geno would likely encourage her to develop an outside shot. For some reason you’ve been trying to refute or dismiss this thought through various irrelevances. If your point is that she will only ever be good at one thing and will never succeed in developing any other skills, fine. You may be right. But why try to dismiss the thought that a coach might try to develop other skills in her? It’s not a scary thought.

Reaction Score
I did not realize that she had moved to the US, and was getting some "Hurley" instruction.

She looks much slimmer and much more fluid then when she was in Ireland. and has a nice straight body, hands up defensive posture under the basket.

She really looks like someone with a lot of potential.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Im acutely aware. Im also aware that this philosophy is a failing one. Name the great UConn bigs that utilized the jump shot as a main weapon? Tell me which big had a good jump shot? Charles? Dolson? Lobo? Walters? Stokes? All much better by the basket and all national champions.
I said nothing about using it as a main weapon.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
But it's not a preferred philosophy to be mostly an outside shooting big if that isn't their strength. He coaches to their strengths. His line is "Do what you are good at." -- Then he eventually gets them to expand their game.

He got a verbal from Charlie Collier - she would have been a low post monster but the Hurricane in Texas caused her to back away. He was going to have Boston, but SC stole her last minute. There are very few of these type of players. And sorry to say UCONN can't get every #1 - #3 recruit. Other schools have fine programs too. These players come around rarely. We can talk about player's like Betts all we want but where did she lead UCLA this year vs small little non-P5 Storrs UCONN?

In regard to Stokes, she did not have an inside game. She never averaged above 5 ppg.
True, but she does have 2 consecutive WNBA titles with the Aces and going for their third. She also has 3 consecutive NCAA National Championships. I would say that's not bad for a bench player, wouldn't you?

Reaction Score
True, but she does have 2 consecutive WNBA titles with the Aces and going for their third. She also has 3 consecutive NCAA National Championships. I would say that's not bad for a bench player, wouldn't you?
Yes!!! Absolutely!! I was just responding and in a way implying that you can be real good without being a low post scorer. Not everyone needs to score to be good. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom