I Think Adrian Griffin is Correct About Aubrey! | The Boneyard

I Think Adrian Griffin is Correct About Aubrey!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Keeps reminding me in athleticism of Diamond DeShields but way more advanced on the Defensive end. No doubt in my mind, she will add major pieces to her offensive game in the coming years and will be an AA and WNBA player.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Given her gene pool, she has the given ability and hopefully the drive to work on her jump shot, which is really all form and repetition that she can do on her own or with her father. Her driving ability and knack for getting to the foul line is awesome but she does need to develop that "elbow jumper" and that would be a devastating tool to use. That's something Gabby was never able to really develop. Fingers crossed for Aubrey!

Reaction Score
Given her gene pool, she has the given ability and hopefully the drive to work on her jump shot, which is really all form and repetition that she can do on her own or with her father. Her driving ability and knack for getting to the foul line is awesome but she does need to develop that "elbow jumper" and that would be a devastating tool to use. That's something Gabby was never able to really develop. Fingers crossed for Aubrey!
She also has to work on pump and head faking on offensive rebounds and a mini jumper instead of just going straight back up. I was at the Seton Hall game in South Orange. I said on the Boneyard that she was going to be an All American and I still believe it. She got incredible experience this year. Geno doesn't often say a player has "gifts" that other players don't have. I can't wait to see her next season.

Reaction Score
I believe her athleticism is ahead of her offensive game. She missed many shots even up close which she will NOT MISS when her offensive game catches up to her athleticism. The girl is a STAR and a PRO in the making.. We are going to be treated to the SHOW.

Reaction Score
Sorry but Gabby had the elbow jumper. Anything around the foul line was her shot

Reaction Score
Nice story - thanks for posting!! Upbeat stories like this one help in times like this!

I'm impressed by the warmth of the smile shared by both dad and daughter - great dad watching as his daughter grows, while helping in the right way! His enjoyment of her journey reminds me of what Geno said about being a real dad when he spoke at the memorial for Kobe B.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
She also has to work on pump and head faking on offensive rebounds and a mini jumper instead of just going straight back up. I was at the Seton Hall game in South Orange. I said on the Boneyard that she was going to be an All American and I still believe it. She got incredible experience this year. Geno doesn't often say a player has "gifts" that other players don't have. I can't wait to see her next season.
Most of UConn's players need to work on head and/or shoulder fakes when offensive rebounding and on break aways when an opposing player is trying to block their shot from behind. It was something Collier should have done more of when at UConn.

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Adrian Griffin is a basketball survivor and a testimony to what you can achieve from hard work and perseverance. An undrafted free agent out of Seton Hall who banged around the D-League and in Europe for several years, he eventually cobbled together a career as a journeyman in the NBA playing with a number of different teams. After his playing days ended he developed into an outstanding coach, most recently as a top assistant with the World Championship Toronto Raptors.

Reaction Score
IMO-

I think there are two UCONN players that have improved over 4 years, Stefanie Dolson and Gabby Williams, like nobody else. I think Aubrey will be the third. She has CRAZY athleticism and as soon as her game matches it, she is gonna be unstoppable. Her junior and senior year are going to be insane. I expect her to be the 2-time National DPOY.

Reaction Score
Agree with so much of the above. In addition to her talent she brings a joyous personality onto the floor and that, my friends, is what attracts other young talent to our huskies. If you have ever watched so many other teams as players are subbed for. So many of these young ladies watch over to the bench with a look of annoyance on their faces and just sit down and sort of mope. As the Uconn players come off they are greeted by the other players, hands are clapped and, if need be, the coaches immediately address some actin out on the floor. When a player goes down another player is immediatley there to help her up. These are the actions that are taken note of be the recruits. They know that they are going to be spending time in practice and games with coaches. What is more important to them is the life they will be spending outside of the gym and who they will be living it with. And that is people like Aubrey Griffen.

Reaction Score
Adrian Griffin is a basketball survivor and a testimony to what you can achieve from hard work and perseverance. An undrafted free agent out of Seton Hall who banged around the D-League and in Europe for several years, he eventually cobbled together a career as a journeyman in the NBA playing with a number of different teams. After his playing days ended he developed into an outstanding coach, most recently as a top assistant with the World Championship Toronto Raptors.

Now there's an intriguing candidate as the next UConn coach?

As for AG, what would really help would be a stronger upper body. She gets to the line a lot and if she was strong enough to still make the shot through contact she'd have a lot of & ones. The way she glides and floats in the air reminds me a little of Dr J. She's a legit 6'1", not like a lot of others listed at 6'2" or even 6'3". When I was at a game she seemed to be at least an inch taller than Irwin.
At the start of the year Geno was quoted as saying she was told to rebound, drive and shoot 3's. Nothing else. So she must have a decent stroke and it was just a lack of confidence why she didn't shoot many.
I'm praying that the next season can happen, even if it's TV only. Griffin's leap forward is one reason of many that I'm excited.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
Will Aubrey be a starter next season? There are a couple of openings.
why are so many BYers so obsessed with who is starting!??

i would think most players ultimately would be happy to see themselves improving, and ideally contributing to victories (of course, most fans don't have the former as a priority) regardless of who begins a game for whatever reasons.

Reaction Score
At the beginning of the season I was wondering what the driveway games at the Griffin household were like. Did her brothers and father take it easy on Aubrey? By early January, I was asking if Aubrey took it easy on them? Favorite time of the game when she comes off the bench. Full speed ahead

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Now there's an intriguing candidate as the next UConn coach?
As for AG, what would really help would be a stronger upper body. She gets to the line a lot and if she was strong enough to still make the shot through contact she'd have a lot of & ones. The way she glides and floats in the air reminds me a little of Dr J. She's a legit 6'1", not like a lot of others listed at 6'2" or even 6'3". When I was at a game she seemed to be at least an inch taller than Irwin.
At the start of the year Geno was quoted as saying she was told to rebound, drive and shoot 3's. Nothing else. So she must have a decent stroke and it was just a lack of confidence why she didn't shoot many.
I'm praying that the next season can happen, even if it's TV only. Griffin's leap forward is one reason of many that I'm excited.
Spot on! Otherwise how do you explain the video below?
Aubrey Griffin Retweeted
Here's the play Aubrey Griffin made before the half for Ossining. Her brothers were quite amused.
@NBACoachGriffin

Reaction Score
IMO-

I think there are two UCONN players that have improved over 4 years, Stefanie Dolson and Gabby Williams, like nobody else. I think Aubrey will be the third. She has CRAZY athleticism and as soon as her game matches it, she is gonna be unstoppable. Her junior and senior year are going to be insane. I expect her to be the 2-time National DPOY.
[/QUOT
IMO-

Bold prediction! However, I would be shocked if you were not at least 50% accurate!

Reaction Score
IMO-

Good post. You can see Aubreys talent a mile away. In 3 years we will be calling her an all time great... Just like Gabby.

The reason being is simple......When you are the best athlete on the court then the sky is the limit.

Aubrey already has the basketball fundamentals down....

Reaction Score
Aubrey reminds me a lot of Gabby! Remember Gabby’s freshman year? Well, I believe Aubrey’s gonna be really, really good and
stands a good chance of earning her number on the wall. Can’t wait for her sophomore season! It’s gonna be fun to watch her growth!

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom