I Still Want P Gone | The Boneyard

I Still Want P Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think this game is even more evidence of that. It proved that the team had the talent to compete for a conference title, instead he gives us a team that choked at home to Temple. A team that was humiliated by Syracuse. He was brought in as a caretaker, but he has set the program back years. The 2nd half turtle yesterday was disgusting. No creativity until OT. Why were we saving it? The players gutted that game out. This team deserves a better head coach. He's not going to get any better.

Reaction Score
I think this game is even more evidence of that. It proved that the team had the talent to compete for a conference title, instead he gives us a team that choked at home to Temple. A team that was humiliated by Syracuse. He was brought in as a caretaker, but he has set the program back years. The 2nd half turtle yesterday was disgusting. No creativity until OT. Why were we saving it? The players gutted that game out. This team deserves a better head coach. He's not going to get any better.

Amen.

Not buying the no talent line. Nobody in the Big East is all that talented, we should have been more competive.

In terms of raw talent, our defense may be the the most talented unit in the conference, including the offensive units. That will be proven when a bunch of them are playing on Sundays.

Reaction Score
I dont know what he's doing he expects the defense to win the game in the second halves, the offense seems to stall every game in the second half feels like is being done on purpose.

Reaction Score
Amen.

Not buying the no talent line. Nobody in the Big East is all that talented, we should have been more competive.

In terms of raw talent, our defense may be the the most talented unit in the conference, including the offensive units. That will be proven when a bunch of them are playing on Sundays.
This.

This year's team is our most talented yet, it will put the most players in the NFL over the next 3 years than any past team of ours. And really, look at the schedule. Is their any reason this team should not be 9-2 right now? BWW missing one play against NC St. coupled with bad play calling by GDL, Christen going AWOL against Temple coupled with bad playcalling by GDL, didn't get the chance to watch WMU game but I'll blame it on GDL, and finally USF a collection of wtf plays and bad play calling by GDL.

Reaction Score

I couldn't agree more. Fire P!! So sick of run, run, pass. Make Don Brown interim and get rid of P and D. UConn is in need of young blood. Manuel has a chance to put his imprint on the program and I suggest he takes the opportunity.

Reaction Score
This.

This year's team is our most talented yet, it will put the most players in the NFL over the next 3 years than any past team of ours. And really, look at the schedule. Is their any reason this team should not be 9-2 right now? BWW missing one play against NC St. coupled with bad play calling by GDL, Christen going AWOL against Temple coupled with bad playcalling by GDL, didn't get the chance to watch WMU game but I'll blame it on GDL, and finally USF a collection of wtf plays and bad play calling by GDL.

Doubt it surpasses 2009 or 2011 team for NFL players (not just a camp taste - active roster) or 2008-2011 group.

Reaction Score
You may want it, we all may want it, but it's not happening. It's a by-product of yesterday that we get another season of P.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I've fairly conservative when it comes to this stuff... and I think most of the losses this season are entirely on the offensive play calling. The second half scoring problem being the key indicator. Have they ever made a halftime adjustment that has worked? One?

The only thing that would concern me is losing Don Brown.

The only way in my mind that PP could stay is if he fires GDL and brings in a OC with a decent resume.

Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see how P recruits if we get upgraded this week. He has done an admirable job in that department amidst complete turmoil.

I can tolerate more P as long as D is gone.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
You may want it, we all may want it, but it's not happening. It's a by-product of yesterday that we get another season of P.

I think you might be right, but lets see what happens.. I mean if they come out flat when a bowl game is on the line that really only points to one thing.

What pisses me off the most is how good the defense is, with any offense at all they could be a top 25 team.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
If PP and GDL are coming back next year, we need a bowl game in the worst way. This team could really benefit from the extra 3 or so weeks of practice. The offensive line looks so lost at times (less so lately I think but that could be because my expectations have fallen through the floor) that more practice time could prove very valuable for next year.

Reaction Score
+ 1,000,000,000 to the statement above. Extra practices will do a world of good leading up to a bowl game and getting the young players some more practice. Arguably, we are losing a huge group of leaders with our seniors. Every extra practice makes the transition to next year more critical for giving the young guys extra reps.

For now, my focus is on the effort of the players. I will be glad to engage in a discussion about Pasqualoni after the season, but for now, the idea of playing for a bowl game means more to me than placing blame on anyone, including Pasqualoni. He is our coach, like it or not. I'm going to be loud, proud, and wearing blue on Saturday. I hope 39,999 others will join me in that.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
5 wins guarantees a return of Pasqualoni. That is not longer on the table. Deleone gets worse game to game. I can't imagine any objective person can look at the offense and believe that Deleone deserves to return. Hopefully Deleone "voluntarily" retires.

Reaction Score
If we want P gone, then perhaps our best bet is to hope he puts his foot down about DeLeone. I think that could spoil the relationship and that would force Warde Manuel into a position (to act).

Reaction Score
I've resigned myself to the fact that P will return. I want him gone too, but it's not going to happen. What I cannot tolerate is GDL back next year. I mean what is the level of incompetence that gets OC's fired after 2 years?

Reaction Score
man - reading this and other threads is like deja vu all over again

good luck getting rid of Coach D. I do not envy you the frustration of this offseason.

Reaction Score
Something to think about: another year of Pasqualoni will likely coincide with the exit of the Jets coaching staff. Tony Sparano has one more year in NYC, and then he is gone. He is a Connecticut boy, and Parcells thinks the world of him--for some reason.

Reaction Score
Something to think about: another year of Pasqualoni will likely coincide with the exit of the Jets coaching staff. Tony Sparano has one more year in NYC, and then he is gone. He is a Connecticut boy, and Parcells thinks the world of him--for some reason.
Isn't he the man who invented the "wildcat" formation? Are you out of your mind?!

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

Have you watched the Jets offense this year? I'd rather sign GDL to an extension than go anywhere near Sparano.

Reaction Score

Yeah. Dislike. Very much.

Reaction Score

PP is like drinking warm milk. He will probably last another year or two and than be gone - very bad hire - UConn was truly on the rise before his arrival.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom