I still love them and I can't wait until next year. They are always the best to me. | The Boneyard

I still love them and I can't wait until next year. They are always the best to me.

Reaction Score
They have nothing to be ashamed about. They are an incredible group of amazing women. We should all be proud of their accomplishments and be grateful to the entire coaching staff. God Bless UCONN and Good Bless America.

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
They have nothing to be ashamed about. They are an incredible group of amazing women. We should all be proud of their accomplishments and be grateful to the entire coaching staff. God Bless UCONN and Good Bless America.

Yep. Disappointing loss for sure, but any other fan base in the country would swap places with us in a heartbeat for the prolonged success that UConn has achieved.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
One of the downsides of winning so extravagantly much, as UConn has done, is that it blinds us to the inherent value and beauty of effort and self-sacrifice regardless of victory or defeat. This value is not diminished by a heartbreaking ending.

Reaction Score
I LIKE all four of these posts and all are accurate and should be acknowkedged and savored.
But also one needs to be able to objectively and critically look at why the almost exact same type of game and outcome of a year ago, when almost all thought we should have won both games.
These two things are not mutually exclusive!
Bronx23

Reaction Score
Yep, 72 and 2. But oh, those 2!

I hope we finally lose an AAC Conference game next season, as I think a bad loss during the regular season is the best thing that could ever happen to this group. Clearly the "undefeated through to the Final Four" thing isn't working out too well.

Reaction Score
Ditto.

Reaction Score
Thank You Lawrence for starting this thread. I too am disappointed by the loss, just like everyone who loves the UConn Huskies Women's Basketball Program. I loved watching the entire season. I enjoyed the semi-final game, minus the ending of course. OUR FAVORITE TEAM has nothing to be ashamed of. Winning a National Championship is very hard...if it were easy, everyone would do it. So many other threads since last night are trying to "point blame" or "determine what went wrong", or "how do WE fix it"... The funny thing... It's a Sport...and in sports sometimes things happen, a missed shot here, a foul called (right or wrong) there, a bad pass, etc, etc... everything impacts the outcome. True, UConn did not play their A game...and they got beat by a team that made one more great play than they did. The fought, they battled, they tried like hell to win the game and make us all happy... it didn't happen. There is no conspiracy, it's not NCAA pre-ordained that UConn can't win, the referees aren't out to get UConn... it's a Sport...and in Sports sometimes the unexpected happens. I didn't miss a game this year...watching them all on TV or ESPN3, or on the replay site. I am proud of what they accomplished. And I am anxious for what next season will bring. WE on BY need to support our Team...or find another one, and leave these gals alone. They will reflect, regroup and come back ready to do battle again. I love our Huskies... and I know they are destined to return to the mountain top soon!!! :cool:

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
Couldn't have said it better. These kids (young women) have a lot of heart. Come back home proud!!!!!

Reaction Score
One of the downsides of winning so extravagantly much, as UConn has done, is that it blinds us to the inherent value and beauty of effort and self-sacrifice regardless of victory or defeat. This value is not diminished by a heartbreaking ending.

Beautifully put.

Reaction Score
Yes our girls are the best. Kia and Gabby we have been so lucky to have watched you grow and mature on and off the court. Thank you for your dedication and commitment to your coaches and team. You will be missed and best of luck in your future years to come. To the returning players take some time to reflect on your year and come back stronger for next year. We love our Huskies and only wish you the best.

Reaction Score

I hope we finally lose an AAC Conference game next season, as I think a bad loss during the regular season is the best thing that could ever happen to this group. Clearly the "undefeated through to the Final Four" thing isn't working out too well.
Well we came close to losing to Tulane two years ago. But it is hard to lose in the AAC. Unless the two Florida teams continue to successfully recruit talent from abroad, and get lucky on some domestic players, no one will ever be any good. I don't get SMU, for example. The state of Texas is loaded with top women BB players. Baylor, Texas and A& M all get their share of great players ( Texas has 10 McDonalds All Americans on their roster). Why can't SMU do better than 2 points in a full half of play against UCONN? I mean, they should give up the sport. Or start recruiting. They are a fine institution with plenty of money. And yet they are pathetic. How is this possible?

Reaction Score
Just want to express my thanks to our players and coaches who worked so hard
to provide us with a great season of thrills and entertainment. Kudos to all.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score

I think a loss of any type would be a good learning experience. I think Geno said last year that what the team needed was a good loss. Then it unfortunately came too late for them to learn anything from it.

I really enjoyed this year -- not as much as last year, but still enjoyed it. I don't expect them to win it all every year. It's nice when they do, but not the end of the world when they don't.

I'm really looking forward to the championship game. I don't care what the outcome is, as long as Mississippi State comes out on top. If they can embarrass ND, that'd be that much better. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom