I sat in a group of Temple fans. | The Boneyard

I sat in a group of Temple fans.

Reaction Score
They are much more bandwagon than us. The first exodus was at halftime. And many more left every time we stopped a Temple drive. It was constant in the second half. Heck, a huge group left at the end of the third quarter when Temple had the ball at the UConn ten yard line down two TDs. This was a game that was decided on the last play.

Good size crowd for Temple. This was my third UConn/Temple game in Philly ---I'm 3-0.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Not surprising. Typical of a commuter school fanbase. Their student section was certainly an embarrassment.

Reaction Score
"The first exodus was at halftime. And many more left every time "insert team name" stopped one of our drives. It was constant in the second half. Heck, a huge group left at the end of the third quarter when UConn had the ball at the "insert team name" ten yard line down two TDs."

This statement describes about 90% of our home games since 2010.

Last edited:

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
They are much more bandwagon than us. The first exodus was at halftime. And many more left every time we stopped a Temple drive. It was constant in the second half. Heck, a huge group left at the end of the third quarter when Temple had the ball at the UConn ten yard line down two TDs. This was a game that was decided on the last play.

Good size crowd for Temple. This was my third UConn/Temple game in Philly ---I'm 3-0.

My wife and I were 2 rows behind you for the first 2-3 plays. I was wearing a Todman jersey.
Eddie Hahn's mom came over and got us and we headed for the UConn section. I think I saw you at the tailgate as well but by the time I was able to come over and say hi, you were already gone.

Reaction Score

I don't really think it was a "bandwagon" escape.........it was a very sloppy game played by both teams. In fact the commentators repeated more than once they've "never seen a game like this before". A lot of momentum changes.......most due to very poor play resulting in turnovers.

UConn plays a good Tulsa team for homecoming. I wonder what size the crowd will be in attendance for a team with a 1-3 AAC
record........and when the exodus will start.

Reaction Score
I don't really think it was a "bandwagon" escape....it was a very sloppy game played by both teams. In fact the commentators repeated more than once they've "never seen a game like this before". A lot of momentum changes..most due to very poor play resulting in turnovers.

UConn plays a good Tulsa team for homecoming. I wonder what size the crowd will be in attendance for a team with a 1-3 AAC
record...and when the exodus will start.

Announcers were awful. Particularly Ponder!!

Reaction Score
My wife and I were 2 rows behind you for the first 2-3 plays. I was wearing a Todman jersey.
Eddie Hahn's mom came over and got us and we headed for the UConn section. I think I saw you at the tailgate as well but by the time I was able to come over and say hi, you were already gone.

Sherriffs dad was behind me for a bit. On the Newsome TD, when BS was hit late and helmet to helmet by the Temple kid, he was NOT pleased. It has to be tough to watch your kid play such a physical sport as football. Especially on a level where the hits are coming from such huge guys moving very fast.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Sherriffs dad was behind me for a bit. On the Newsome TD, when BS was hit late and helmet to helmet by the Temple kid, he was NOT pleased. It has to be tough to watch your kid play such a physical sport as football. Especially on a level where the hits are coming from such huge guys moving very fast.
Yes, we know them. John does not stay still too long. Between Bryant and then Evan being one hit away from starting at Miami, I cannot imagine the anxiety.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom