I Need To Be Enlightened About Purvis | The Boneyard

I Need To Be Enlightened About Purvis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He's been catching passes out of bounds on a pretty regular basis since day 1 with us. Now wouldn't a coach walk him over to the sideline boundary and say "listen Rodney, if your foot is touching any part of this black line when you catch the ball, the refs are going to give the ball to the other team. Is that perfectly clear?" It's been one of the very consistent parts of his game, although I have to admit I'd rather it be 3 point shooting.

Reaction Score
He's been catching passes out of bounds on a pretty regular basis since day 1 with us. Now wouldn't a coach walk him over to the sideline boundary and say "listen Rodney, if your foot is touching any part of this black line when you catch the ball, the refs are going to give the ball to the other team. Is that perfectly clear?" It's been one of the very consistent parts of his game, although I have to admit I'd rather it be 3 point shooting.
That was a problem in Rodney'a first year. Don't recall it happening last year at all. And it seems more like him catching the pass in bounds, then starting to drive and putting his foot out of bounds.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
That was a problem in Rodney'a first year. Don't recall it happening last year at all. And it seems more like him catching the pass in bounds, then starting to drive and putting his foot out of bounds.

Yeah he cleaned that up last year. Last year was the bunny issue for a while.

You are right. Rodney puts his foot back father than other players on his first step. Bad habit

Reaction Score
He likes to wind up before his drives and ends up stepping out. Classic move for a twitchy nervous guy on the court when someone gets in his grill.

That was okay year one with us, he was transitioning. Last year he got more comfortable on the court and stopped.

This shows he was playing tight and nervous yesterday.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Im sorry but this is not a huge concern for me
Its part of his mechanics when he steps back - you do see it happen in the pros
My concerns about RPs mental state overall for the 1st game of his last year is questionable
I am still a big RP fan

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
This made me watch his highlight videos from his sophomore and junior years. My conclusion with him is that he gives 110% effort when he's out there. But when he is thrown into an awkward offensive situation, stagnant offense just passing on the perimeter, he really fades away and disconnects from the game. This is when he makes a lot of mistakes.

Out in transition and off-baseline screens he really excels. Not much of a breakdown dribbler obviously, this hurts when he has to create his own shot. But off of screens, he either shoots or can get the guy in the air with a head/pump fake and can drive. Doesn't change anything, but when you limit Purvis to transition opportunities and get him the ball off a series of screens, he's really effective.

He is not effective during pick-up style "lets wing it" offense that has plagued us since Ollie stepped in.

Reaction Score
I believe the team is in for a long season if its relying on RP to be a top player. To me he is just not a winning player and I wouldn't trust him in a big spot.

Reaction Score
He can easily score 15 for us but I want Gilbert and Adams to set him up for 3's. Not a tremendous ball handler, got stripped twice Fri. He scores well on defensive steals and on the break but not so good at creating his own shot. With our roster we have to rely on him for production, no choice.

Reaction Score
Im sorry but this is not a huge concern for me
Its part of his mechanics when he steps back - you do see it happen in the pros
My concerns about RPs mental state overall for the 1st game of his last year is questionable
I am still a big RP fan
Sorry but saying that it's part of his mechanics is just ridiculous. I just don't understand those people on this board that continue to defend Purvis like he is some sort of all-star. He has never been or will be anything more than a headache.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom