I moved my daughter out on Saturday | The Boneyard

I moved my daughter out on Saturday

Reaction Score
It was pretty depressing. A few kids milling about but campus is mostly desolate. As we were making our last trip out of the building we saw someone walk in and it was the only sign of life in her dorm that day.

She was pretty melancholy as we drove out as she remembered what a great Spring she had in her Freshman year. Horsebarn Hill sunsets, Spring Weekend etc.

I think back to my time in the late 80s-early 90s and could definitely identify with that. Frisbee and boom-boxes on the Jungle Beach, hoop games on the Jungle courts, volleyball games on the Northwest sand court, walking the campus on beautiful days.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
It was pretty depressing. A few kids milling about but campus is mostly desolate. As we were making our last trip out of the building we saw someone walk in and it was the only sign of life in her dorm that day.

She was pretty melancholy as we drove out as she remembered what a great Spring she had in her Freshman year. Horsebarn Hill sunsets, Spring Weekend etc.

I think back to my time in the late 80s-early 90s and could definitely identify with that. Frisbee and boom-boxes on the Jungle Beach, hoop games on the Jungle courts, volleyball games on the Northwest sand court, walking the campus on beautiful days.

The biggest mistake the administration made was not having you do that two weeks earlier.

Reaction Score
The biggest mistake the administration made was not having you do that two weeks earlier.
Agreed, and they've really screwed the pooch. They planned on hiring a moving company to move everyone's stuff to a different location so they could prep dorms for first responders. Everyone would then have to go up and pick up their stuff from that central location. We were allowed to go up because my daughter had medications in her room. Not sure if that plan came to fruition.

Reaction Score
Looks like my daughter will be completing the fall semester remotely. She made the decision on her own, based on the fact that she will have three days of clinicals (nursing major) and only two days of class, which may or may not be online. The meal plan will basically be grab and go and the whole housing situation was in flux. She declined her housing last month and most of her friends who applied for housing got declined. The only one who didn't was a kid from upstate New York.

She's handling it well, but I really feel for the kid. Being a nursing major, she understands that these precautions must be taken, but with all the fun being taken out of campus life, it's just school now. LOL!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Looks like my daughter will be completing the fall semester remotely. She made the decision on her own, based on the fact that she will have three days of clinicals (nursing major) and only two days of class, which may or may not be online. The meal plan will basically be grab and go and the whole housing situation was in flux. She declined her housing last month and most of her friends who applied for housing got declined. The only one who didn't was a kid from upstate New York.

She's handling it well, but I really feel for the kid. Being a nursing major, she understands that these precautions must be taken, but with all the fun being taken out of campus life, it's just school now. LOL!
Where does she go to school? I know that some schools are doing "virtual" clinics, which seem "virtually" worthless.

Reaction Score
She's at UCONN. She said possibly 50/50 between in hospital and simulation, but most like 100% in a hospital.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom