I miss the "jumping up and down." Please help. | The Boneyard

I miss the "jumping up and down." Please help.

Reaction Score
The "jumping up and down" is what I call the last few seconds of the championship game, when we are clearly the winner, and the kids on the bench are going crazy, waiting for the game to be over -- so they can charge the court.

I must say, I love those few seconds. Because I came late to UConn women's bball (started watching when Maya was a junior), I haven't seen as much "jumping up and down" as others on the BY. Nevertheless, I have never seen a NC game that was really close at the end. So NC for me = jumping up and down. In 2010, the final game wasn't as close late as the 6 point margin of victory. (Stanford nailed 3 3's when the game was already decided.) KML put ND away in 2015 with that 3 with about 4 minutes to go.)

OK, my favorite "jumping up and down" moment was in 2016 at the very end, with the famous BriannaP shot. The bench went absolutely crazy.

Here's another. OK, so it wasn't the NC game, but when Stewie was a senior in the famous 3 blocks on one play game, at the end of the game, BriannaP must have been in the game (not sure), but I think Saniya hit a 3 and Stewie did the high-5 thing on the bench. That was so great.

OK, BYer's, I really missed the "jumping up and down last year." :( Are the unforgettable "jumping up and down" moments for you that you would be willing to share about about any NC game or a tournament game?

We need to be in shape to enjoy the jumping up and down in Ohio this year. (I truly hope so.)

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
There have been several great ones. My favs: Sue’s belly slide (‘00), Sue’s jump into DT’s arms (‘02), DT stretching the “UCONN” on her chest (‘03), DT punting the basketball into the stands (‘04).
the punt was the greatest... with the left foot (I think)

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
The "jumping up and down" is what I call the last few seconds of the championship game, when we are clearly the winner, and the kids on the bench are going crazy, waiting for the game to be over -- so they can charge the court.

I must say, I love those few seconds. Because I came late to UConn women's bball (started watching when Maya was a junior), I haven't seen as much "jumping up and down" as others on the BY. Nevertheless, I have never seen a NC game that was really close at the end. So NC for me = jumping up and down. In 2010, the final game wasn't as close late as the 6 point margin of victory. (Stanford nailed 3 3's when the game was already decided.) KML put ND away in 2015 with that 3 with about 4 minutes to go.)

OK, my favorite "jumping up and down" moment was in 2016 at the very end, with the famous BriannaP shot. The bench went absolutely crazy.

Here's another. OK, so it wasn't the NC game, but when Stewie was a senior in the famous 3 blocks on one play game, at the end of the game, BriannaP must have been in the game (not sure), but I think Saniya hit a 3 and Stewie did the high-5 thing on the bench. That was so great.

OK, BYer's, I really missed the "jumping up and down last year." :( Are the unforgettable "jumping up and down" moments for you that you would be willing to share about about any NC game or a tournament game?

We need to be in shape to enjoy the jumping up and down in Ohio this year. (I truly hope so.)
"Jumping up and down" seems like an awkward phrase to me. (Besides, you're really just jumping up). ;) How about "pogo stick" moments, instead? Okay, you're right, I have way too much time to think about such naming nonsense.

Reaction Score
"Jumping up and down" seems like an awkward phrase to me. (Besides, you're really just jumping up). ;) How about "pogo stick" moments, instead? Okay, you're right, I have way too much time to think about such naming nonsense.

Funny. Well, I have been using the term JUAD for so long, it is now the "standard," well at least for me. I'm too old to jump like a pogo stick anyway. But I am going pretty crazy during the "jumping up and down" moments. I have training as a classical singer, and I'm really, really loud.

Reaction Score

I'm going to give it my shot also, since I'm retired and do have too much time to think about such naming nonsense. :D

How about, "Best On Court Celebration Endings" (BOCCE) ;)...not to be confused with the other Bocce, told you I have all the time in the world to think about these naming nonsense.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
My favorite UCONN jumping has always been CD jumping between Geno and the refs as if she could really hold him back.
CD jumps in front of Geno.jpg

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Lobo's slide is the most memorable championship celebration

The least memorable was Sue's slide and no one joined her for the longest time. Awkward. Remember?

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
My favorite UCONN jumping has always been CD jumping between Geno and the refs as if she could really hold him back.
View attachment 27436

In my view, the championship hug beats the championship hop. Gratitude over altitude.

Reaction Score
Thank you all for replying to this thread. BOCCE is hilarious. Did Geno play bocce as a young boy? JUAD, BOCCE, who cares what we call it? Hugs, JUAD, charging the court. It's all part of the ending we all want so very much. Everyone on BY agrees with that.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Maybe this song will hold you over.
Ah yes, the days of the backwards-worn jeans. That's one fad that didn't really stick.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom