I miss the days.... | The Boneyard

I miss the days....

Reaction Score
when I recorded Sports Center so I could watch it and hear what they had to say about Uconn as soon as I woke up.
When our game reports came up with the top 25 scores.

We've got to get back there. I hope next year.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
when I recorded Sports Center so I could watch it and hear what they had to say about Uconn as soon as I woke up.

We've lost our Sports Center spot......to the Lady Huskies.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
UConn Tournament Streaks (Since Calhoun Era)
5-year (1 time): 2002-2006
3-year (3 times): 1990-1992, 1994-1996, 1998-2000
2-year (2 times): 2008-2009, 2011-2012

They have not missed the tournament for two straight years since the 1990 season. Take out the ban and I believe they make it in 2013, adding another 3-year to the list. The only "bookend" year (missed prior and after) was the 2014 championship.

This is all to say that they are not Kansas and missing the tournament isn't so much an anomaly as it is a pretty steady fluctuation ... even with this injury plagued year.

DAC17

Once upon a time, would never miss a game
Reaction Score
Amen. Anyone here in a state of minor depression over not really caring about the tournament, as UConn wasn't even close to being in it? I find I don't really care to watch any of it. Brings back too many memories of "what was" for many years.

Maybe next year.

Reaction Score
Amen. Anyone here in a state of minor depression over not really caring about the tournament, as UConn wasn't even close to being in it? I find I don't really care to watch any of it. Brings back too many memories of "what was" for many years.

Maybe next year.

Yes. I've been watching YouTube highlights of yesteryear to keep myself from jumping off a bridge....I suggest you do the same....it really helps.....if you still find yourself still in the dumps ....just remember we're aren't Syracuse

Reaction Score
Can't decide what makes me angrier, that the new Big East is doing so well or that the Big 10 blows and we could clearly upgrade their basketball but don't have the chance.

Reaction Score

Maybe next year.

I like watching the 1st round because of all the upsets. After that, I lose a lot of interest. I'll check on some games to watch certain NBA prospects but UCONN's absence leads to some pretty severe apathy.

Staying up hours after wins in the Final 4 to listen to every words uttered by our guys in post game press conferences. Draining fireballs (my rolling rock) to settle my nerves during games against my arch nemesis in Calipari.

Reaction Score
I miss the days of being ranked, of being the toughest kid on the block, of being the higher seed in NCAA tourney games... of being relevant.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
the opening Saturday's last game would end and I'd be all, "That's it?"

I do like seeing here that I'm not the only one considering not watching much (even flirting with the idea if taking off this weekend entirely), not because I'm depressed, but more because I'm freed up to do other things that might well be better.

Reaction Score
UConn Tournament Streaks (Since Calhoun Era)
5-year (1 time): 2002-2006
3-year (3 times): 1990-1992, 1994-1996, 1998-2000
2-year (2 times): 2008-2009, 2011-2012

They have not missed the tournament for two straight years since the 1990 season. Take out the ban and I believe they make it in 2013, adding another 3-year to the list. The only "bookend" year (missed prior and after) was the 2014 championship.

This is all to say that they are not Kansas and missing the tournament isn't so much an anomaly as it is a pretty steady fluctuation ... even with this injury plagued year.
Yeah, you're right we aren't Kansas. They choked year after year. We won 4 national championships in 20 years making UConn THE elite basketball program along with Duke and Kentucky in the country, whereas they have 1 in 20 years (3 all time). It's this mentality that we don't deserve to be the best and somehow got lucky that makes me nuts.

Reaction Score
We won 4 national championships in 20 years. This mentality that we don't deserve to be the best and somehow got lucky makes me nuts.

Funny you should say that. It makes me nuts too, so on Wednesday I emailed the President of the Basketball Writers of America.

Hi Ed,
As President of the USBWA, I’m sending this to you in the hopes you might find it compelling enough to disseminate to your members. When you think about it-- its pretty darn astounding--and despite the Huskies absence this year, a story that needs more attention. I'd appreciate your thoughts about it.
Good luck covering the Tournament. There’s certainly no dearth of compelling and interesting story lines this year—lol.
All the best

Well, it's March Madness again, when every school in the bracket has visions of celebrating under the confetti. Few of course have a realistic chance because, lets face it, it's extremely hard to do! So, given that reality, here's a fact that we all may want to ponder. In the last 20 years, arguably the most competitive era in college basketball when rosters were churned and the one-and-done prevailed, here are the schools with the most NCAA Men's Championships:
UConn--4
Duke---3
Kentucky--2
Florida---2
N. Carolina--2
Arizona--1
Maryland--1
Syracuse--1
Michigan St--1
Kansas--1
Louisville--1
Villanova--1
Lots of folks rightfully give the Huskies props for their 11 women's titles but what seems clear to me is not enough is given to the men. Agree?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom