I loved this comment by the commentator in tonights game | The Boneyard

I loved this comment by the commentator in tonights game

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
The danger in Dangerfield has always been there, but it's likely that dealing with the chronic shin splints limited her shooting effectiveness late in the season. Jump shooting is largely dependent on the legs.

Reaction Score
Crystal's shooting gives opponents something to think about, that's for sure.

Heck yeah. Because not only do opponents have to worry about Katie Lou, Nurse, Williams, and the twin towers, they have to be mindful of Crystal. That is why I love our Huskies. Too many weapons. Plus we have a high basketball IQ. Players don't just stand around. They are constantly moving after a pass. Crashing the boards. Making that extra pass. Beautiful basketball.

Reaction Score
I also give Crystal props that she didn't get "three drunk". She didn't force her shots, but took them when given. When her 3 wasn't falling in the second half she did other things - driving, assisting and facilitating. That makes her even more valuable!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Crystal played her heart out. She was on fire. Crystal set the tone, and her team mates followed. She was raining 3's:).

On the other side, Ty Harris was playing scared.
Your comment on Harris is correct. In two games this year vs UConn, she has been less than impressive, and she was absolutely afraid to shoot the ball against the Huskies, despite being wide open at times.

With Te’a Cooper eligible next year for the Gamecocks, I have to wonder whether or not Cooper beats out Harris for the starting pg spot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom