I like these kids | The Boneyard

I like these kids

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
they like each other, they play hard and they're fun to watch

JA, AG & TL can all score and lead us against anybody, our bigs get rebounds and even score some, and they play very hard on D

I wish we ran a few more sets on offense, but this is not the time to complain

THANK YOU HUSKIES

Reaction Score
A lot of positive signs. Did anyone notice the positive energy from the bench and, in particular, when we were on the defensive end? They encouraged and recognized effort on D. And I liked how guys released early to rotate and help. And it wasn't a half hearted effort. They really swarmed the ball on D. In general, there were a lot of hustle plays. THAT is infectious.

The offense was ok in comparison. I don't know if people are not seeing the open man or if people are not getting open but there isn't enough ball movement. On the positive side, we've got guys that can create their own offense and we've got a guy that throws great picks to help them create. If the ball movement improves, this could get really interesting.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I had a big smile on my face when Vital bounced it off the Out of bounds Duck and Carlton started clapping and pointing to his head (smart play.)

It's too soon to tell how good they'll be but they've found a way to win four times in the team hasn't been firing on all cylinders yet.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
And the best part is...they all wanted to be here!
D
While watching the game, I still didn't miss anyone from last year. I was very concerned when Carlton got his 3rd & 4th fouls so early in the second half, and wish Cobb had been available. As a supposition, Jackson's shooting would be helpful, but I like defensive intensity a lot.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
So far this team is basketball smart. They do all want to be there and having fun. Seems like they have been playing together for 2 years. Ollie can basically cll anyone off the bench to go in and do the job. He deserves that.

Reaction Score
A lot of positive signs. Did anyone notice the positive energy from the bench and, in particular, when we were on the defensive end? They encouraged and recognized effort on D. And I liked how guys released early to rotate and help. And it wasn't a half hearted effort. They really swarmed the ball on D. In general, there were a lot of hustle plays. THAT is infectious.

The offense was ok in comparison. I don't know if people are not seeing the open man or if people are not getting open but there isn't enough ball movement. On the positive side, we've got guys that can create their own offense and we've got a guy that throws great picks to help them create. If the ball movement improves, this could get really interesting.

I totally agree about the enthusiasm and energy coming from the bench. Everybody is engaged. They know that there may come a time during the game where HCKO looks to them. It just didn't see that last year.

Reaction Score
The basketball IQ is for sure higher than last year. Much higher. Last year there were more stepping on the line in one game than in 4 games so far this year. I am also sure coach will work on some of the weaker aspects like free throw shooting for some of the players, boxing out for some of the players, especially getting defensive rebounds to prevent 2nd opportunities for the opposing team and more ball movement leading to more assists. But, thankfully those are all things that can be coached and with this group, I am sure will be improved.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
and the game vs Michigan State changes nothing, I've learned to enjoy the ride a long time ago

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom